PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

1995 Chevy RCSB LQ4 Pt88mm Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You get your new pan in yet? Post a pic up when you get it on
Old 09-27-2011, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha not yet, I think it is supposed to be here today.

I dont even have a trans yet so its gunna be a little bit.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just posting up some new progress for the ole build thread... Been at the track quite a bit lately and noticed my nitro2 drop shocks had no extension to help throw weight on the back end for traction, it was like a brick up front so i ordered some big block springs and QA1 single adjustable shocks for the front...Ended up giving me a total of 8 1/4" travel!

Some pics of the shocks and springs installed

Notice the hight on the top adjustment nut in the second picture, i was totally out of adjustment to make the truck sit any higher as you can see in this next picture and it was also on the front bump stop

So i went to the store and got some of the rubber pieces that will go above the spring inbetween the frame and spring to get some more lift out of it and more adjustment for my shocks... In this next picture it shows this and i still have about another inch i can go up.....Hopefully this will get my 60' down some and my traction might just improve too! I will know this weekend how it goes... Any of you guys ever remove the bump stop on the front of you trucks?

Old 11-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh hell yea!!!!

That is kick ***!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im going to literally **** on myself if this thing trys to lift the front tires lol, Im skeptical on these radials i have but i will do all i can to keep it streetable and be able to pull the tires on the track, 1" of tire lift will prolly make me go change my pants! Thanks man
Old 11-16-2011, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Swerve7rpm2000
Im going to literally **** on myself if this thing trys to lift the front tires lol, Im skeptical on these radials i have but i will do all i can to keep it streetable and be able to pull the tires on the track, 1" of tire lift will prolly make me go change my pants! Thanks man

That will be cool!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You have a general idea of what kinda of HP and torque you are making leaving the line? My dream is to pull tire in my truck and I don't have any idea if it is close to possible with my set up.

You say you are close to pulling tire so I hope and dream that you can. Nothing is much cooler then pulling the tires a foot off the ground then running a 10 something pass in my book!

P.S. Bias are very streetable. I drove a decent amount on mine with absolutely no issues. They ride great, handle corners just fine, and are great at highway speeds. I say all this guessing your "keeping it streetable" comment is the reason you have radials on the back.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:48 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by custm2500
You have a general idea of what kinda of HP and torque you are making leaving the line? My dream is to pull tire in my truck and I don't have any idea if it is close to possible with my set up.

You say you are close to pulling tire so I hope and dream that you can. Nothing is much cooler then pulling the tires a foot off the ground then running a 10 something pass in my book!

P.S. Bias are very streetable. I drove a decent amount on mine with absolutely no issues. They ride great, handle corners just fine, and are great at highway speeds. I say all this guessing your "keeping it streetable" comment is the reason you have radials on the back.
pulling the tires doesnt always get you down the track the fastest. im sure with that much travel and the power he is making should get some air under them.

as for the bias tires. a radial will out drive a bias ply anyday. ive done it, ill do it again, but the stability of a radial at speed is excellent and they wont wander on you on a rutted road or pavement changes like a bias will. an MT radial will also drive miles better than a hoosier radial (if you want to call it a street tire )

truck is sick man. turn up the boost. need some single digit passes.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I calculated around 7XX Hp at the rear tires with the last 10.6 pass i made.... Ive been having to leave on extremely low boost right now and it is not controlled by a ams1000 yet, just my foot! lol.... So basically i get the second bulb lit, set t brake and mash gas untill light is green (3500Rpms), when i can get a high dollar boost controller it should help me a bit but im just going off feel now... And yea TJ going up instead of forward dosent always get ya there first but it sure is gonna be damn fun when i happends one day... I told myself my ultimate goal in this truck would be to get atleast one front tire off the ground, and i do it everyday! On my lift at home haha so hopefully the track will be next!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't get too caught up on trying to get the tires off the ground. Most of the time its just wasted energy. You want as much of the energy you can get to go forward, not up or sideways or anything like that.

Look at the really fast drag radial cars. There is hardly any front travel on those cars. Of course that's on a good track too though. Sometimes a vehicle needs to have all the weight thrown at the back tires that it candle, like on a crappy track.

I will agree though, wheels up pics are sweet. Power doesn't necessarily mean you're going to pull the fronts. I've seen 12second cars pull them. My truck raised the left front with well under 600hp but it had a loose front suspension and I was on a sticky sticky surface

Quick Reply: 1995 Chevy RCSB LQ4 Pt88mm Turbo Build