PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

2000 ecsb Silverado 2wd fake prerunner/ tow rig/ daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Default 2000 ecsb Silverado 2wd fake prerunner/ tow rig/ daily driver

Just picked up this 2000 ecsb 2wd Silverado which will probably end up replacing my Jeep as the family rig/ boat tower for fishing. All of my other vehicles only seat 2 comfortably. Drove 4 hours up to wapato Washington to pick it up because all of the local silverados were 300k, smashed up, with tranny problems and still 2x what I paid for it. It has 171k but definitely needs some love put into it.

plana for it:
3” lift spindles and 3” coil spacers
2-4” upper control arms to accommodate the coil spacers
shock extenders front and rear
2” lift shackel in back
35/12.5-17 tires, id like some lower offset aftermarket wheels but I have newer Silverado 17’s on my suburban I’m parting out and some 2” wheel spacers so I might try to run that setup.

just ordered 4.5” buldge fiberglass fenders for the front. Doing a cat eye front end on it with hd grill but non hd hood, I think the pre runners look better with the lower hood.

i want to cut and pull the bedsides using a scissor jack and 2x4 then make some brackets to bolt or weld up to hold them out for tire clearance. If it doesn’t work out I’ll do fiberglass bedsides later on the truck. The beds a little beat up so I don’t care if I end up ******* it up it will be worth the experience

plans for the motor/ trans will be down the road but probably 1 3/4” lt headers, y pipe and 3” exhaust out the bed side. Also wanna do a nnbs intake manifold and 92mm tb and a stage 2 low lift truck cam as well.

gears i would like to go 4.88 on it so if I decide to actually put a long travel kit on it down the road I can run 37’s on it but being that I’ll use this mostly on the street as my boat tower and hooligan truck i think I’ll keep 35s on it. It’s currently on some 285/75/16 that would have been 32.8” when they were new and honestly the truck drove awesome on them. It felt very light on its feet and didn’t take hardly any throttle to maintain 70mph cruising speed.

need to get new seat covers for the driver and passenger tops and bottoms but I’ll install seat warmers at the same time. Pretty happy it has the dark grey leather interior in it although it’s missing the center console lid so I gotta find one of those.

Old 01-15-2024, 11:23 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 785 Likes on 651 Posts

Looks like a fun project!
The following users liked this post:
T-RevMotorsports (01-15-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I’m excited for it. Got a bunch of parts ordered up for it. Recently sold my c6 z06 so I don’t feel to bad spending a little money on this truck. We've had snow and ice on the roads since I got the truck but they should be cleared up by Wednesday so I’ll be taking it to go pick up a used set of 35/12.5/17 tires for it Wednesday along with a cat eye hood and fenders. Also I currently have my little fiberglass boat on my lift because I had to repair a crack in the keel of the hull but it’s patched now. Gotta sand and paint it then make a quick repair to one of the bunk mounts on my boat trailer so I can get it off my lift and throw the truck up on there so I can start taking a look around on it. I wanna scale the truck before I do anything to it so I can get a good idea on its base weight before I start lightening it up.
1FastBrick (01-15-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 01:17 PM
makes children cry

Received 428 Likes on 354 Posts

dude! it's like you're buying a new truck every other week
Old 01-15-2024, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don’t mean to lol. I just sold my c6z so I felt justified picking up this thing. The white s10 I traded straight across for my mini cooper s which I was into for cheap. Now that I have this Silverado I’ll probably leave the white s10 just a 4 cylinder 5 speed and make it an economy work truck that’s comfy to cruise.

I put tire socks on the Silverado today to see how it would do in the snow/ ice and it did great. I bought these along time ago for my Denali and never used them but they are pretty cool.

here’s some pics of the Silverado and my s10’s. The Silverado has some damage to the cab but I’m gonna try to bang it out from the inside if I can. If I can’t it’s not a huge deal doesn’t bug me on a truck like this.

Old 01-15-2024, 10:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,093 Posts

It snows in Washington? aha. You must be far from the coast, much further than I assumed!

Real truck have front diffs :p

But momentum and 2wd will get you into plenty of trouble lol

Old 01-16-2024, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I’m in Salem Oregon we’re about an hour from the coast.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 461 Likes on 361 Posts

The light bar has go! Lol
wretched73 (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The light bar has go?
Old 01-17-2024, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Was supposed to pick up a set of 35/12.5/17’s for the truck today but the roads are still pretty icy so I’m planning on getting them tomorrow instead.

Threw the truck on the lift to start pressure washing any of the road treatment off of it to stop it from rusting faster. planning on rolling the bed sides with a 2lb sledge and allot of patience. Then I’ll cut the inner support and space them out and weld in new brackets to help maintain the spacing. I’ll also have to cut and extend the bed supports that go to the bottom but I don’t think it will be all that bad. I’d like to gain as much clearance as possible.

as you can see drivers side of the truck is pretty beat, I have a perfectly straight door off the 05 suburban but it’s mostly dented up in the rear cab corner and the 3rd door is a little fucked too.

not sure if the helper air bags are ripped all the way through but I’m sure it probably wouldn’t be much to replace them but I don’t think the truck will need them for what I’m gonna use it for.

No idea if the Washington title scale weights are accurate but this one says 4511lbs, if it’s that light I’ll be pretty stoked my 05 2wd non 3rd row or sunroof tahoe I was able to get down to 5050lbs and I plan on taking at least 150lbs out of this truck between the factory spare, front and rear bumpers and anything I deem unnecessary. I was told the ac works good on this truck so if that’s true I’ll keep it but if not it’s coming out.

Spare 35” tire test fit on the truck.

Quick Reply: 2000 ecsb Silverado 2wd fake prerunner/ tow rig/ daily driver