PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

2000 ecsb Silverado 2wd fake prerunner/ tow rig/ daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2024, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

I’ve had the truck parked for a bit. Since I took it on a 10hr round trip the rear end got unbearably noisy so yesterday I decided to change the rear end fluid and pull the cover to inspect things. This is what I found, ring gear is slightly warn and had some burs coming off on the outside of the teeth on the ring gear. These were Chinese no name r&p. I decided to order some yukon 5.13’s for the truck because I miss how rowdy it felt with 4.88’s on 35’s so I’m hoping it will bring it back with that feeling on the 37’s. Also washed the old girl last night and I’ll be redoing the front skid plate and adding some more lights onto my front tube bumper. The upper skid plate I have right now is too narrow and it’s a faulty think and super heavy piece of steel. I’m going to redo it all in aluminum since I bought huge sheets to do my Baja bug floor but that project has been on hold. And I finally gave the truck a bath for the first time in like a year? lol.

also I bought a bigger boat but unfortunately I decided I like my little shitty boat allot more for what I use it for.

Old 08-13-2024, 10:45 AM
makes children cry

Received 432 Likes on 354 Posts

yeah - i fell victim to the "getting a boat would be a great idea... so much fun" proposal early last year.
it sat until this June when a guy finally bought it on craigslist.
Old 08-13-2024, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I love my little boat. Use it almost every Sunday to fish the jetty in Newport and we pretty much always catch a limit. The bigger boat I was thinking I’ll go tuna fishing 50miles offshore but after watch lost I’m not so sure about it lol. My little boat is super cheap to run. Weighs 1750lbs with trailer and has tons of deck space. It basically does everything really well but big water which I’m fine with. The big boat is honestly just too nice. It’s 30 years old and has under 80 hours on it total. Has a brand new gm 350 marine motor and 12k in receipts for everything. It just felt so much more serious when I had it out on the water compared to my little 15’ Trihull.
Old 08-13-2024, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thought my first reply didn’t show up then saw it was a double post after reposting.
Old 08-13-2024, 11:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,276 Likes on 973 Posts

Strange looking fish lol

My dad bought one of the Seadoo fishing jetskis and we are looking at taking it into the gulf for some deep sea fishing. I've seen guys ride those things from the Keys to Cuba which sounds awesome. Would love to do that.
The following users liked this post:
T-RevMotorsports (08-13-2024)
Old 08-13-2024, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That would be sick. That fish is a cabazon. It was probably a 5-6lb fish. It wasn’t in season yet though so I had to toss in back unfortunately but they are pretty cool fish. I caught another one that was super blue like Smurf blue inside its mouth and about the same size.

Old 08-13-2024, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 461 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by shakenfake
Strange looking fish lol

My dad bought one of the Seadoo fishing jetskis and we are looking at taking it into the gulf for some deep sea fishing. I've seen guys ride those things from the Keys to Cuba which sounds awesome. Would love to do that.

One of my customers rides his jet ski to the Bahamas. He is nuts IMO.
Old 08-13-2024, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 461 Likes on 361 Posts

[QUOTE=T-RevMotorsports;5529822]I love my little boat. Use it almost every Sunday to fish the jetty in Newport and we pretty much always catch a limit. The bigger boat I was thinking I’ll go tuna fishing 50miles offshore

You guys catch tuna 50 miles offshore? What species are they? I’m a tuna nut, that’s my favorite fish to catch. I thought you guys had to go way further than we do on the east coast.
Old 08-13-2024, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are usually 40-50 miles out depending on the time of year, at least from what I’ve heard. As for species type idk but we bbq’d some up my father in law caught wrapped in bacon and omg it was tasty. I think going out that far is a bit out of my comfort range for the time being. I just got my first boat last year so it’s all still pretty new to me.

finally got around to painting my red hood. Used the duplicolor color match paint that’s supposed to be pewter grey but it looks like ****. Took all 4 cans and it is still tiger striped like crazy. Not happy at all but it’s better than red lol. Also finally replaced the steel skid plate with a new aluminum one that fits much better. And added some yellow fogs that turn on with the light bar. I think I’m gonna cut the webbing out of the hood before I put it back on it’s pretty damn heavy for just a hood in my opinion.

as shitty as the paint turned out it looks allot better on the truck then it did and I really don’t care to try to make this truck perfect cause it’s no where near that.

I cut the webbing out under the hood and left enough where the perimeter is still attached with the goo stuff they use from the factory. Used an oscillating dewalt tool to cut the goo stuff off the underside of the hood and it worked excellent. Dropped around 6lbs from the hood webbing and goo trimmed and about 15lbs total from that and the different upper skid plate. Still wanna trim some more fat off her. I’d really love to put the high mileage l33 in it with this cam and bolt ons. But I really don’t feel like tearing apart both my Silverados.

Last edited by T-RevMotorsports; 08-13-2024 at 06:41 PM.
Jeff71 (08-14-2024)
Old 08-13-2024, 08:57 PM
makes children cry

Received 432 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
One of my customers rides his jet ski to the Bahamas. He is nuts IMO.
alright, boys - it's THAT way. just keep going 'til you run out of gas.
and don't get lost or ate by a shark.
smokinlmm (08-14-2024)

Quick Reply: 2000 ecsb Silverado 2wd fake prerunner/ tow rig/ daily driver