PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

2007 Chevrolet Bro-Runner

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, I have nothing against the guy. He tried to do something really cool and it came out less than perfect. We've all done it.

He actually did a really good job of taking it too. Some people would have gotten pissed, but laughed it off.

Anyways, back in 2006 he tried to put a tahoe front clip on his silverado. Everyone kept hounding him to post up pictures. When he did everyone thought it was pretty cool until they started seeing little flaws here and there.

Then a local member(Dylan) saw the truck at a car show and took pictures of every little flaw he could find, made a few videos, and to this day everyone over there still has a good laugh about "Boyett Kustomz"

That's the story.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:58 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL, well at least the guy could laugh it off!!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

While Ill admit I got a good laugh out of it, you have to give him credit for trying. From what I remember reading he never got really cocky and I believe even admitted he messed up on some aspects of the build. In some ways I like his current project, Im not a fan of the red dash but the more I see the glass fenders the more I like them

If the GMFS "clan" shows up over here with their usual antics, the posts and people will disappear

What are the next plans for the truck? And can you actually see with the headlight covers?
Old 07-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL thanks for posting that video. I bought the red dash out of the KRZ Customs cover truck (red with purple flames) and i decided to roll with the red dash. As for the headlight covers, they do mess with the headlight brightness, but not enough to deter me from driving at night. Im trying to get someone to make me a tube bumper so i can fit an OEM SS bumper cover over it and flare it to match the flared fenders
Old 07-04-2009, 03:56 PM
something else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the truck! The only thing that I do not like is the red dash, but each ti his own taste.

Keep us posted on how the front bumper comes out.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

This is the truck the dash came out of...

Old 07-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

I want to do a converter and a cam in my truck, but i dont know a whole lot about them. What would u guys recommend for a 4.8L with LT headers and 4:56s?
Old 07-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

Also, will the engine benefit from a LS2 intake manifold?
Old 07-05-2009, 02:41 PM
GFYS and STFU

The engine will benefit by getting swapped for a 6L. Think about it, the cost of a cam, LT headers and a LS2 intake manifold + labor is more than a 6L swap would be and you wouldn't gain nearly as power as you would by doing a swap. Are you after making more power or just adding go fast parts?
Old 07-05-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

at least u r doing ur own stuff. i see a ton of trucks that look the same and have the same mods done so great just for originality. while it might never be my style or what id do i can appreciate u trying to do things different and the more u do the more u should learn and over time u will get better at everything for the mistakes u made in the past. i like the fenders, i wouldnt go with the ss bumper cover but thats just my opinion as the SS gives it the street truck look and this def isnt a street truck.

Quick Reply: 2007 Chevrolet Bro-Runner