PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

6.0 Stick Shift Tahoe (NV4500)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 11:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,101 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by arthursc2:
dantheman1540 (09-22-2021), tjmath (09-22-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 11:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,278 Likes on 975 Posts

You Florida people are so weird
The following users liked this post:
dantheman1540 (09-22-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 11:49 PM
makes children cry

Received 436 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
Genuinely did not see that post until just now, here's a link to pictures of my cousin.

https://oaklandfl.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=280&ARC=552

Yes for real that's my cousin sorry MFer.
crazy how similar he looks to my youngest brother...
but for real, i hope he turns up okay & that the rest of his/your family's doing alright, too.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 781 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by _zebra
crazy how similar he looks to my youngest brother...
but for real, i hope he turns up okay & that the rest of his/your family's doing alright, too.
Nah he's a POS, the week before I left for the AF he stole everything out of my car (we were neighbors). The dumb SOB tried to pawn my 3rd gen IPOD Nano at the nearest pawn shop and luckily I had named the device my own personal name. When he tried to pawn it they told him the name doesn't match his so they wouldn't take it knowing he was slimy. I went in later that day asking around because I wanted my **** back and sure enough, the pawnshop worker remembered him and gave me not only his name but the phone number to his parole officer. They were thrilled to receive my call did a raid of his house and got me my stuff back. Not long after that, he did a stint in jail for beating up an elderly lady and robbing her house as well as robbing a quadriplegic neighbor while he was in bed unable to fight back on the account of his paralysis. The last time I saw him he was tweaking on the weekend laid in the bushes behind a Kum&go. Whatever happened to him I believe was probably karma.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Cheese and crackers tell us how you really feel!

Did you look at the link I posted?
Old 09-22-2021, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by arthursc2
You are lucky you are so far away

Originally Posted by shakenfake
You Florida people are so weird
Like Rick Ross, I'm just trying to survive on I95.
The following users liked this post:
tjmath (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by shakenfake
Cheese and crackers tell us how you really feel!

Did you look at the link I posted?
I love stories of scum bags getting what they deserve! #bringbacklivePD!!

Yes, I did thank you! I'm working on getting a wheel now and probably gonna look into doing a full interior LED swap. The Guy that did the cluster said he thinks theres a way to make the trips work but he doesn't remember how lol. Told me to look in the owner manual
Old 09-22-2021, 11:40 AM
TECH Veteran

what an incredible response from that guy.

My advice on the LED swap is pay someone to do it. The originalmiked on instagram does it for a living and he does great work. The 03-07 is wayyy harder than the 99-02s and I hated doing mine. It wasn't awful but then again it was pretty agitating. The mirror switch is pretty damn hard to get right, mine does not work anymore and the LED barely shines in, now I can fidget with it and maybe get it functional again but it is a pain in the dick and I am tired of messing with it. Probably going to send it off somewhere to get done so it works 100% again.

The climate control and the door switches are the easiest. The light switch is not bad but there are a lot of little pieces and if you drop them you gotta figure out how they go back together which is kinda AIDs
Old 09-23-2021, 06:58 AM
TECH Junkie

He did a killer job on the gauges and his customer service has been fantastic so I won't fault him for not knowing.

Well darn, for some reason I had envisioned a quick little dab of solder here and there and they would be done. I've seen MikeDs stuff looks great but also probably expensive, I had messaged him about a 7k cluster and never heard anything back. Guess I can look around maybe buy a set already done, and return my cores or something. My dual climate gauge slider hasn't had lights since I got the truck.

Damn, I didn't know plastic parts could give you AIDs. We have wild monkeys down here in some of the forests that have Herpies and fling their poop at unsuspecting tourists with the chance of infecting them if it gets in their eyes or mouth. I saw some kayaking once but they weren't playing flying feces that day, kinda cute TBH.
Old 09-23-2021, 07:58 AM
TECH Veteran

No they suck mega ***** dude. Example being the light switch, you need to drill and then hot glue every single light in place and then route the wires through it yadayada and also don't let it interfere with the switch or else it won't turn right etc. I did not enjoy that one. Like I said climate control is easy because it basically is just a dab of solder lol

Comment on MikeDs pics. I had messaged him and he never responded until I commented and said hey I had messaged you with no response.

Tfw 90% of us have herpes type 1 anyways so we are just delaying the inevitable.

Quick Reply: 6.0 Stick Shift Tahoe (NV4500)