PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

6.0 Stick Shift Tahoe (NV4500)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 09:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 781 Likes on 571 Posts

I have no idea if they light up, I have the rear vents pointed at my neck and just reach back and click it on. Something about the rear controls doesn't work like it should because it only blows on high and I can only control it from the back IIRC. Really doesn't matter to me because the seats are laid flat 99% of the time and I don't sit back there anyway so no big deal to me. The neck chiller is nice in the summer tho.

The Instagram app, in general, isn't that great IMO but leagues better than the FB app I hate FB
Old 10-19-2021, 10:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,278 Likes on 975 Posts

FB app blows wiener. FB messenger ain't so bad though in my opinion, instagram is pretty good but not as cool as it used to be. I mainly use it to look at thots tbh

I had a friend that had issues with his rear AC in his Tahoe and he said it was awful diagnosing and repairing. That truck was just awful though, the previous owner really beat the **** out of it
Old 10-19-2021, 10:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Oh god no FB messenger is the worst! Little bubbles with people's faces popping up all over my screen is just too much. Thots are the reason social media exists.

Yeah this truck wasn't babied, there were definitely kids all in this thing because there's crayon writing in some strange places. Kids ruin everything so its not a surprise I've had to replace so much.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:00 PM
makes children cry

Received 436 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
5 acres and 25 minutes with good traffic, blasting 15 over the speed limit. 35min if I hit every light and mask wearers are clogging both lanes.

The best part about the property is being on a dead-end road and largely surrounded by a nature preserve. Most of my lot is also left natural which I prefer because it's low maintenance and I get to see cool critters.
you know, we were just talking about potentially trying to get 10-20 acres next time we move & then use most of it for hay or something easy that'll give us ag rates on property tax but still not be high-maintenance. the things 800mi each way of corn, soy, hay, & cows will get you thinking about on a road trip...

Originally Posted by shakenfake
damn Dan you seem like an unreliable texter
noob... you ain't even tried to text message me.
(hint: i won't even get it, let alone be able to reply)

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
Yeah this truck wasn't babied, there were definitely kids all in this thing because there's crayon writing in some strange places. Kids ruin everything so its not a surprise I've had to replace so much.
same could be said about the clutch & u-joint replacements.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:38 PM
TECH Veteran

That's cause you were in goat-**** nowhere. Excuses.
Old 10-19-2021, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Where he is surely feels like goat fucknowhere I miss it sometimes, goats are wonderful lovers.

AG exempt would be so nice, I just don’t want to clear my lot the trees give me privacy. To get AG on 5acres here you have to have animals which stink and do stuff like hurt you or die and then they stink even worse.

The following users liked this post:
arthursc2 (10-20-2021)
Old 10-19-2021, 10:23 PM
TECH Veteran

You can't do bees? Texas you can do bees easily but it is harder to get the actual permit. nowadays it is better to buy something already ag exempt and switch to something easy since it sticks with the land and not the owner or what is being done on the property
Old 10-20-2021, 06:41 AM
TECH Junkie

I could do bees but you need a lot of them and then have to prove you're selling their product and you have to produce so much of it yearly. My neighbor has a little farm on their 5 and the wife has been trying to get a large beehive set up for several years but has been mostly unsuccessful due to a lack of food in our area.

It's definitely easier to buy something already ag exempt but I get some tax cuts from the great state of Florida anyway and property tax is low out here so IDC. I've built all sorts of structures and add ons on my other 5 and only got hit once with a code violation. I went to one hearing for it and then they forgot about me I guess because it's been months since I've heard anything and when I call they can't find my case number lol. Some rat bastard neighbor turned me in to start with and they are lucky Idk for certain who it is, I think I sorta know who did it and I've contemplated torching that POS single wide rats nest.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Got all my parts back from MikeD and got them installed. The clock spring and wiring were fairly easy as long as your careful and have a small flat head screwdriver to assist with the connector clips. Unfortunately, I didn't noticed I was missing the harness that connects the steering when controls to the clockspring but Amazon FTW I'll have one in a week or so. TBH the white LEDs in the AC controls are almost too much, I may end up dimming them a tad. Might just be me since I had eye surgery a few years back and my eyes are a little more light-sensitive than most.

Something about messing with airbags gives me pause so I opted to leave it out for the time being, guess if I crash this week then I die like a man.

Oh and my dash cracked, all these years being sober and now it finally starts a life a crack.

The following users liked this post:
wretched73 (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Airbags are scary till you do them a few times. They are super easy though. Just plug them in. If your really scared disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then do it. I’ve never had one go off on accident and I’ve probably pulled 30 or more wheels with airbags.

Quick Reply: 6.0 Stick Shift Tahoe (NV4500)