PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

6.0 Stick Shift Tahoe (NV4500)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Dude I like that sub enclosure. Was that custom built or something that is mass produced? I also love the make America shift again decal. Truck is looking good man!

also super jelly of your weather tech mat. Been wanting to get all those for my Escalade since I got it.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 781 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by T-RevMotorsports
Dude I like that sub enclosure. Was that custom built or something that is mass produced? I also love the make America shift again decal. Truck is looking good man!

also super jelly of your weather tech mat. Been wanting to get all those for my Escalade since I got it.
Thanks dude! The Sticker I actually ripped the idea off Z286speed he had one on his Denali but I loved it!

Sub enclosure was custom built by an audio shop. I attempted to make my own and cut a ton of cardboard templates but when I realized I'd have to fiberglass I surrendered and took it to a shop I've been using for over a decade. The volume of the box is actually speced for a 12"W6 so I have room to upgrade but I had a W3 laying around. I didn't want to loose cargo space and I didn't want it to look enticing to thieves through the windows. I originally was looking for an old MTX audio box that fit behind all the plastics and looked 100% OEM but they have been discontinued for a long time and I couldn't find one.

The weather tech was a must! The carpet looked like people gave birth back there. Weather techs are so pricey but so worth it.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

So when I installed the paint matched rear hatch handle I broke the cable holder tab. Had to improvise with zip ties.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Gave birth back there 😂😂😂 my rear carpet looked like it was used at the local jiffy lube to catch what ever spills drop down. I took a ton of dollar tree carpet cleaner to it and my steam cleaner I got from harbor freight and got about 80% of the stains out but it’s still far from perfect. At least the smells from when I first got my truck are gone. I robbed the third row seats out of that tahoe since my Escalade ones had broken hinges and wouldn’t unfold so I’ve been kind of digging having the whole seats 7 thing going on. I’ve only had 4 seats in the truck since I first got it.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Didn't realize harbour freight had a steam cleaner. Well if Corona virus wasn't from China along with HFs products I might go buy one this weekend 😂. This Tahoe is pretty base model it doesn't even have a spot to mount the third row. But I usually have the seats down and some sort of lumber or tools in the back. Probably only had people in the back seats 5 times since I got it.

The clutch rod extension trick has helped so far, gonna extended one even more tomorrow and see how it does. Thank you again for the tip
Old 03-13-2020, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the steam cleaners are like $99 there. Mine has been pretty awesome, used it a ton on my crx when I was cleaning the chassis and got the paint looking like new after it had 30 years of grime on it.

Yeah that’s how my Escalade has been used too. Built about 150’ of fence last summer for my triplex and fit everything in the Escalade even the 10’ 4x4’s lol. And yeah glad it worked out. I need to shorten my little extension in the s10 so the clutch doesn’t engage at the very top.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Yes 10' lumber fits so well never thought it would lol. I had 12 80lbs bags of concrete in the back when the clutch rod jumped out. Really need helper bags.

I was surprised how different the 3/8 extension felt might only go 5/8 on this next try rather than 3/4. Probably gonna do a little write up about it when I find the sweet spot.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I’m sure allot of people would appreciate that. Idk why the gm hydraulics are so hard to bleed right or they make them to where the master cylinder does the least amount of work possible. Just seems weird to me. I’ve never had any disengagement issues like that with Honda stuff.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:26 AM
TECH Junkie

It's strange my rcsb has non of these issues and I can bleed it to what feels perfect in just a few pump cycles. I wonder if it's more of a pedal mounting issue than anything else. The plastic mounts seem very flimsy and maybe some of them are warped. When this happened today I thought I broke the plastic pedal mount. I bought a metal Atomic bracket months ago so if I did break on in either truck I'd have a bullet proof alternative. But I've yet to install it because it looks like a PITA
Old 03-15-2020, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

I did the install twice. Once for the factory plastic bracket and once when i swapped to the metal bracket. I didn't take the dash out. I just unbolted all the bolts on the dash and the column and pushed it back just enough to sneak it in. The metal bracket is actually easier to get in. If you dont have a full length console tied into the dash that also makes it easier. With 2 people it should be a breeze. Hell the first time I had to make the mounting locations. That was not too fun. I want to say the axekick truck doesn't have the upper mounting location but can't recall for sure!

Quick Reply: 6.0 Stick Shift Tahoe (NV4500)