PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Been bagged for a wile, Updates and more performance!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Been bagged for a wile, Updates and more performance!!!

Many of you know around a year ago I bagged the rear of my Tahoe. I wanted it to be simple easy and something that if the girlfriend jumped in she would be comfortable driving it and not have to play with switches possibly. I installed a level valve from a semi truck so weather it was stripped or loaded with 4000 lbs of tung weight it would sit level. The valve I planned to get was supposed to have a 15 sec. delay so it wasn't constantly consuming air Well when I got to the shop it was late and only one idiot working the counter. He told me that this valve had a delay built in and it was much more compact, turns out it didn't have the delay he assured me of.

It still worked awesome but had two issues. First it used a lot of air because every bump it would fill and dump some air. This made my compressor run much more then I really preferred.

Secondly because when the wheels got closer to the body, via a big bump, it would add air thinking the truck was squatting. Normal driving was fine as only one wheel is moving and not "adjusting ride height" much. But a straight on big bump would cause the rear to "jump" more then preferred. Nothing worse then a typical 2500/3500 but the point of bagging the truck was two fold.

Load capacity and amazing ride quality. I got the load with out question having a 39" camper on the tong and a 12,000-15,000 lb mini ex hooked up.

On to the new, the compressor I was using was given to me by my cousin that he had on his S-10 for atleast 5 years. It worked in the HD for some time and then got put in the Tahoe about a year ago for heavy service. Finally this weekend she quit working. For now I have a brand new 325c compressor and also switched the truck over to valves and a switch. The compressor is very light duty but 33% and I won't play with the bags much after the first day or two.

Here are some pictures of where it stands now.
How the old compressor was mounted

So I built this for the new one.

Here is the 1 gal tank, driver side under the quarter panel.

The bags and cups.

Here is where the valves are mounted. The level valve was on the front side of this spare tire mount so since the lines were cut and routed I didn't want to change them. I bought 1/2 airline fittings forgetting that the Tahoe is on 3/8 line, the HD has 1/2. So this is just mocked in place so I could get my wire lengths.

Here is the Valve assembly minus one the dump valve.

Finally since I just need one switch for now I mounted it easy to get to but out of the way. Also if I expand and bag the front, then go to a full box of switches then I can easily put a plug in this hole and you won't ever see it.

Last edited by 1FastBrick; 10-05-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Has anyone put a your ok a NBS? I am probably going to be putting shockwaves on the front of the Tahoe soon and strongly considering a York, are there other options for a EDC and how much money was wrapped up into getting it all to work.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:32 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 770 Likes on 637 Posts

So in your first post, why couldn't you get the delay function to work??? Was a relay needed or something???

Originally Posted by custm2500
Has anyone put a your ok a NBS? I am probably going to be putting shockwaves on the front of the Tahoe soon and strongly considering a York, are there other options for a EDC and how much money was wrapped up into getting it all to work.
I don't know what to make of this one... Maybe you could clean it up for us so we can offer some constructive help.

Just trying to Help
Old 09-25-2012, 03:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
I don't know what to make of this one... Maybe you could clean it up for us so we can offer some constructive help.

Just trying to Help
You have to be good at reading through the Auto-Correct

he wants to put a York compressor on a NBS truck. It's a belt driven pump usually mounted in place of the AC compressor.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:27 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

The valve I had didn't have a delay built in. That is why is was so much more compact. I asked 3 or 4 times if both of the valves I was looking at had the delay built in. The guy assured me that both of them did. So I went with the smaller one. Sure enough like I suspected it didn't have the delay.

Sorry on the other post. Yes I should have been "has anyone put a York on a NBS."
Old 09-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by custm2500
The valve I had didn't have a delay built in. That is why is was so much more compact. I asked 3 or 4 times if both of the valves I was looking at had the delay built in. The guy assured me that both of them did. So I went with the smaller one. Sure enough like I suspected it didn't have the delay.

Sorry on the other post. Yes I should have been "has anyone put a York on a NBS."
I figured it was something like that. I have heard of York Compressors but don't have any real world experience with them.

Can I ask what an EDC is? I am not familiar with that term in relation to air bags.

Last edited by 1FastBrick; 09-25-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I figured it was something like that. I have heard of York Compressors but don't have any real world experience with them.

Can I ask what an EDC is? I am not familiar with that term in relation to air bags.
Every Day Carry??

Last edited by nonnieselman; 09-25-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Every Day Carry??

I was thinking Electronic Dump Control
Old 09-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AK907
You have to be good at reading through the Auto-Correct

he wants to put a York compressor on a NBS truck. It's a belt driven pump usually mounted in place of the AC compressor.
Clue in BOLD^^

Engine Driven Compressor
Old 09-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Not sure if you are being serious but
E ngine
D riven
C ompressor

Quick Reply: Been bagged for a wile, Updates and more performance!!!