PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Bike buildup

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mwalls54
I am sure you wern't driving fast either so you got a good truck to drive. solid axle, fuel injected. any pics of it?
Eh, I was only doin bout 15 mph. Came to an intersection, tried to stop, couldn't, tired to turn, couldn't, so I yanked the ebrake, got it sideways and stuffed it into a storm drain. Beats taking out the front subframe I guess, lol.

And yup, solid axle FI. I don't have any pics of it other than what the seller had posted. Search the Truck Stop. I posted those in there. Gotta get a battery for it right quick, see if I can get it to fire. Said there's a sensor out on it somewhere, thinking it's the MAF. Won't know until I can get good power to everything though, lol.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Need More N2O Mod

I do own a couple soild axle yotas. they are wheeling machines. after the first of the year you will have to go with a big group of yota owners and go wheeling.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Have some new stuff:

Got a new tank. Old one was rusted thru. It's the LTD tank instead of the standard, and it looks like it *might* clear the front end without having to move it back. Plus it has the stock paint scheme on it still, and that put some visions in our heads as to what we would like to do. The all white theme is a good idea, but we're going to break it up a bit on the tank and rear sections.

Got the rear swing arm in. Going to have to machine a sleeve for the stock swingarm bolt to fit in. Again, thanks to OMR on KZrider, we have a fix in mind. Have to fire up the lathe, but should be an easy project. On the other side of that though, we've found that our rear axle and our rear wheel don't get along with each other. A bearing swap is in progress on that one.

Also made more progress on the motor. Have a complete set of carbs again, albeit not the Mikuni's we'd like to run. They'll do for now though. Clean up/paint/polishing is about 65% on the motor its self. Still have to get the rest of the frame work done before that's really an issue, as we'll have it in and out again to figure out which spacer we need for the front sprocket.

Ordering rear sets, clip ons and our head light assy later this week, and that should really be all that we need to put it all together, minus the seat, lol. That can be figured out damn near last though, so not too worried about that one.

And here's a couple shitty pics I snagged real quick in a hurry out the door last week. And yes, I realize the forks are backwards, lol.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Its looking really good!!