PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

BlackGMC build take 2 - Turbo Time

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 06:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy **** batman!!! I'm glad you get it straighten out.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So how is the truck behaving? I keep staring at my holley intake next to my desk and always think of your truck. Do you like the intake or would you go a different route if you did it again?

I'm thinking about ID1000's when I put the intake on since I will either have to buy new injectors or run height adaptors on the FIC's i own already.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I do like the intake, i would choose it again.

I am going to redo my fuel lines and FPR placement sometime in the next month. Basically simplify the lines and routing...

As far as the truck in general.

The meth pump died, so it is on its way back to alkycontrol to get looked at.

I swtiched back to EFILive COS3, I gave HPT a shot for 8 months, i just don't like it. Also i like the EFI Custom OS better. The truck is doing rather well at 9psi with no meth...

I put O2 sensors back in it this weekend and it is driving extremely nice. I have been really concentrating on he part throttle timing to get into boost faster. With the increased timing and Boost Controller turned on, it gets into boost effortlessly... I hit 8psi pretty damn quick!
Old 09-15-2014, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea you gotta love the boost controllers. Makes running a rather large turbo and a smaller set up much better in my case.

I thought you were running the devils own pump?
Old 09-15-2014, 01:30 PM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by oakley6575
Yea you gotta love the boost controllers. Makes running a rather large turbo and a smaller set up much better in my case.

I thought you were running the devils own pump?
not anymore, i got an Alkycontrol kit a few months ago.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm kind of piecing a kit together and was going to use the devils own pump and AEM controller. Should I stray away from the devils own pump?
Old 09-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by oakley6575
I'm kind of piecing a kit together and was going to use the devils own pump and AEM controller. Should I stray away from the devils own pump?
I had no issues with the devils own pump, however i would get a pressure gauge to verify it is set up correctly, i can send you a link to one i found. I have 2 devils own pumps sitting on my shelf. one with push lock fittings and one with NPT fittings...

I did have issues with the snow controller...
Old 09-15-2014, 07:49 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Wow Corey you've done a bunch of stuff since I've last looked at this thread .
I'm in love with how your underhood looks , damn it's sexy .

Thanks for sharing your **** ups with us , your not the only one who has retard moments lol .

Before you change all your fuel fittings ( which don't get me wrong it's fun to have things to work on and tweak) how about putting some nice looking heat sleeving on the areas you are worried about and see if it helps .

Did you have an electrical issue that may have hurt your meth pump ? You don't hear too much at all about failures with alky control , but anything man made is not immune from failure as we know , I'd like to know what Julio finds .

Glad your truck is running strong , when they do you feel like superman when boost hits !

I have also went back to a step hotter plug , I was running BR7EFs , they hated the meth , so we decided to put BR6EFs in and man what a difference . Just read your plugs occasionally and watch KR and AFR as you know and all should be fine .
Old 09-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Resident Retard

Thanks Tim, yeah it has come along way...

About the fittings... I have covered a few things but honestly there is way toooo much to cover... I believe all the damn hose ends, bulkhead fittings, Y-Fitting, etc is causing **** to get hot! Also have the FPR right under the intake it gets exposed to SOOOOOOOOOO much heat. On a hot day it gets to 150*.... One of the bulkhead fittings near (about 1ft away) the down pipe gets to 160*-170*.... I am not comfortable with it getting that hot and wrapping it in heat wrap is an option, it would just take a **** ton of it. If i move the FPR next to the fuse box, it will be out of the heat path... I got an idea about heat wrapping the new lines... use the silver/flashy heat wrap, then cover that in black heat shrink similar to what i used on the spark plugs... That should also take some of the flashy-ness away....

yep the meth pump dying was rather odd... it was working great, then i unhooked the fuse and turned it off on day when i was trouble shooting some stuff. it would never come back on... It is getting voltage fromt eh controller just not doing anything.

Julio said he has only had like 2 pumps in 14 years die like this... Of course i am 1 of the 2.... i shipped the pump today and i should hear something in a few days hopefully.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Resident Retard

New meth pump is on the way. 7psi was getting kinda boring.

Quick Reply: BlackGMC build take 2 - Turbo Time