PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014 | 01:11 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by YoungBoss
From what I heard GHOST RYDER broke both his axels and RMR (hay hauler) just put a new motor in the truck and they are turning up the boost slowly. I don't think either of those issues are turbo only issues, and I can't wait for April to see some bad *** races hopefully all trucks are set on kill. I'm skeptical if a procharger will beat RMR record but I will say that blown06 is def changing people's mind on prochargers and if I was him I would be asking for some dam sponsorship from them.
There is no doubt in my mind that a procharged deal can beat the RMR record........however it ain't gonna happen with my janky motor.
Old 03-07-2014 | 06:50 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Beadlocks on the front = pimp

I guess I hadn't seen any pics of it all in one piece. Super clean build man. You need to do a "real" photo shoot with it when you slow down. I know you're trying to get the numbers out of it now. I don't blame you.

And if that's janky, I don't even wanna know what to call anything I've built
Old 03-07-2014 | 07:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blown06
There is no doubt in my mind that a procharged deal can beat the RMR record........however it ain't gonna happen with my janky motor.
I guess we gonna have to wait and see, hopefully someone steps up to the challenge and does a lsx with big prcharger and see what happens.
Old 03-07-2014 | 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I plan to in a year or so...

Would try already but with a 4.185 bore its ain't happening. Anyone wanna trade a heavily built 454 LSX for a 427 LSX? haha
Old 03-07-2014 | 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Still 4 bolt heads right ? Crank it up go for gold lol. Give yourself a reason to go bigger
Old 03-08-2014 | 12:00 AM
8 Second Truck Club

From what I heard GHOST RYDER broke both his axels and RMR (hay hauler) just put a new motor in the truck and they are turning up the boost slowly. I don't think either of those issues are turbo only issues, and I can't wait for April to see some bad *** races hopefully all trucks are set on kill. I'm skeptical if a procharger will beat RMR record but I will say that blown06 is def changing people's mind on prochargers and if I was him I would be asking for some dam sponsorship from them.
I'm doing the same. Started at 15 psi and I'm now at 17 psi. How low where they starting?

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Beadlocks on the front = pimp

I guess I hadn't seen any pics of it all in one piece. Super clean build man. You need to do a "real" photo shoot with it when you slow down. I know you're trying to get the numbers out of it now. I don't blame you.

And if that's janky, I don't even wanna know what to call anything I've built
Can't say I have any clue on what you mean by beadlocks on the front?????

I guess we gonna have to wait and see, hopefully someone steps up to the challenge and does a lsx with big prcharger and see what happens.
Madman is building a truck right now for one of Flaco's buddies. It will supposedly have a nasty lsx with a gear driven F3. You can check out pics of it on his facebook.

Originally Posted by silverado.408
Still 4 bolt heads right ? Crank it up go for gold lol. Give yourself a reason to go bigger
Still on the 4-bolt stuff. That's why I call it janky. The block, crank, rods and pistons in this motor would have been bad *** top shelf stuff back in 2005. lol
**** my truck wasn't even in existence then. lol

I've got an idea of the combo I'm gonna build next but it's gonna be big $$$.
Old 03-08-2014 | 09:46 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

To kinda beat an old subject. You did plan on being more street then all out bad *** top of the line, shooting for world record space ship ****!!

So if this "janky" set up holds for a while then it is a great thing!

I am still lost on the turbo vs. procharger debate. Does this charger have a comparable size compressor wheel to some big turbo guys?
Old 03-08-2014 | 11:59 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Yes, originally it was gonna be more of a street type deal.......but that morphed into what it is now. I do miss having something to drive on the street, but not taking away from this thing at all. It has performed awesome thus far and I'm very pleased with all aspects of it.

Regarding the procharger being comparable to a turbo. Thats basically impossible to do. I think turbo's spin a **** load more rpm for one. I guess you could just compare total power output. Never had mine on the dyno though so I can't help with that unless you wanna use a calculator. 4100lbs 152 mph trap 17 psi.
Old 03-09-2014 | 08:23 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Maybe another thread would be a place to get a bit deeper into this but procharger requires power to make power, turbo takes very little event at extream hp levels.

So at the same PSI you should net less hp correct? Only a dyno will give us the final answer, and the track will let us know who can run fastest on any given psi.

This is a killer truck and I am not taking away from it but I don't see a logical explanation how it could be better then a massive turbo on the same long block. I would think a properly set up turbo will make similar or more boost at the line and should spool as fast as the charger or faster. Things don't always work out in the real world like they do on paper.
Old 03-09-2014 | 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by custm2500
Maybe another thread would be a place to get a bit deeper into this but procharger requires power to make power, turbo takes very little event at extream hp levels.

So at the same PSI you should net less hp correct? Only a dyno will give us the final answer, and the track will let us know who can run fastest on any given psi.

This is a killer truck and I am not taking away from it but I don't see a logical explanation how it could be better then a massive turbo on the same long block. I would think a properly set up turbo will make similar or more boost at the line and should spool as fast as the charger or faster. Things don't always work out in the real world like they do on paper.
Come on dude. There is already a thread in the forced induction section on this topic. Go puke in that thread.

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More