PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014 | 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Badass build dude. Just went through every page....awesome. Great info too.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-19-2014 | 12:28 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Thanks man.
Old 08-21-2014 | 07:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Caught up with your build. Im impressed with the amount of work that's gone into your truck. I'm currently running a d1 with plans for mid elevens. I thought I could just slap a supercharger on and run my time but there's way more involved. This thread motivates me to keep pushing even tho I'll never see your times.
Old 08-22-2014 | 01:28 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by hsiriyob
Caught up with your build. Im impressed with the amount of work that's gone into your truck. I'm currently running a d1 with plans for mid elevens. I thought I could just slap a supercharger on and run my time but there's way more involved. This thread motivates me to keep pushing even tho I'll never see your times.
Thanks man. Check out my old build thread. It's more geared toward a street setup and you may find it cool. It's in this section, just search. It's a little old.
Old 09-07-2014 | 01:07 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Motor is still at the builder. I just got the 1/2" studs from Kurt last week so I took them over there. Heads are going to the welder on Monday. Engine guy is talking about making a few more changes than we had previously discussed since he has had the chance to look it all over.

Here is a glance of what is gonna happen:
Gonna keep the same cam but retard it about 5*
We are dry decking the heads and doing a complete fill on the block. Since they will have to be decked again he is gonna remove a little material from the tops of the pistons (engine guru's don't get your **** all in a bunch), he isn't taking that much off.
1/2" studs
We are gonna cool the heads from the exhaust side and pull water out from the intake side.

Most of these changes are not for power, but to make it a little more reliable. Also, backing the cam up should move the peak power up about 400 rpm.

Other changes:
Converter change
Truck is getting 100% rewired and replumbed.
Drag brakes up front
Tubular lower control arm and coil over conversion
and some misc cutting to help drop some more weight off the front.

Some stuff I'm still trying to decide on (will depend on money):
Send the trans back to rossler for a 2.10 first gear
Have some BIG custom headers made

Thats all for now. I'll get some pics up as I get them.
Old 09-07-2014 | 08:52 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

**** has been serious but sure seems to be getting really deep now!

I can only assume that the changes to the heads are cheaper but this is that much less costly then going to a 6 bolt set up? With the little info you have here seems like a good deal of time and money all without a sure thing it will hold? Obviosly the builder is confident it should hold but I guess only time will tell?

Either way as always can't wait to see it back running. This truck is awesome and it would be nice to see it going rounds in a racing class! That is better then loops from tnt and the engine builder. I am sure you feel the same way but at least 10 fold from any of us here on the forum do!
Old 09-07-2014 | 09:23 AM
10 Second Truck Club

If six bolt heads n block are out of the question what about o-ring head gaskets along with block n heads? Either way this truck is going to be super badass.
Old 09-08-2014 | 12:18 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Well, like I said before, the 6-bolt thing would be the way to go, but I can't afford to do it like I want right now. So I'm making due with what I've got.

Not much need to go copper/o-ring. With it dry decked, if it rattles the heads.....so what. Copper/oring is not gonna prevent it from lifting over an mls (not a great amount anyway)........and since I don't have water to worry about, I don't think it's a big deal. If I have to put gaskets on it every 30 passes.....thats what I'll do.
Old 09-11-2014 | 06:29 AM
TECH Addict

does your wife have a sister? lol major props to her and your for juggling time between the truck and the kid. wicked truck man.
Old 09-11-2014 | 11:57 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by LS1TRUCKGUY
does your wife have a sister? lol major props to her and your for juggling time between the truck and the kid. wicked truck man.
lol, I just read that to her and we laughed and she said "I think I'm pretty cool too".

She does have a sister, but trust me.....you want no part of that.

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More