PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015 | 09:46 AM
Formerly ScreamingL

Originally Posted by Blown06
I've driven it on the street like it is. But didn't get out of the zip code. No more street driving with no coolant in the block and dry decked though. My engine builder had to warn me. lol

Yeah, we could try. Would probably need to get your instructional video to figure it out though.

Motor stays in the stock location (or where ever you want it). Doesn't change anything with the trans except moves it back the thickness of the plate, which in my case is 1/8". I did have the converter built with the plate in mind though regarding pad height and snout length.

SSSHHHH. Damn it, don't let the cat out of the bag on that trick.
So you have .250 and .125 plates holding motor?
Old 04-11-2015 | 12:03 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by goinbrokez28
What's the advantage of motor plates? Why not solid engine mounts? Seems like a lot of extra weight.
Motor plate/mid plate set up is a ton lighter than stock motor mounts.

Originally Posted by George C....
So you have .250 and .125 plates holding motor?
Yes, the .250 aluminum motor plate and .125 steel mid plate hold the motor in the truck. Those prevent any up/down side/side movement. All fore/aft movement is held in check by the engine limiters.
Old 04-15-2015 | 01:10 AM
8 Second Truck Club

I'm not one for taking hand-outs or intentionally drawing attention to myself. Never have been that way. So please don’t take this post the wrong way. I post this project on this forum because it's fun, informative, promotes products (to a certain degree) and gets other minds involved when I/we need help or suggestions on things that I/we need help on to make these things work better. I did however think that with all the social media advertising outlets that Procharger uses and the fact that they have redone their website, they might would have more interest in it. I've sent them countless info, pics and vids of Blown06, many times at their request. I was even approached by this "prochargertech" guy on the forums once to send info. Every time I do I get no response from them.

With all the bad publicity they get about reliability and stuff (especially on “the bullet”), I feel like I make a pretty good attempt at supporting the product and help to promote and inform others about their product (especially on this forum). I know what you're thinking, “if it didn't matter then why are you posting about it?". I guess it does matter to an extent, but the lack of attention really doesn't change my wanting to keep running their stuff. I just can't understand why others get the support ($$$) and press when they have much less exposure than I have created on this and other forums. This build thread has over 100,000 more views than the second most viewed on the site (which is dominated by turbo builds).

It’s really unfortunate that there isn’t a “coast to coast” type class that I could run the truck in for more exposure, because I would do that in a heartbeat. I understand that because of this, it does not get the racing type exposure that they seem to support the most. However, there is one part of this I don’t understand. There was a thread on this site asking about or reviewing the House of Boost dedicated drive set up. In this thread, “prochargertech” guy comments about how their main customer base is for “street trucks”, and for that reason, Procharger does not see a need to address high power blower set ups for trucks. Granted my truck is now a race truck, there was a time when (and I think it still holds) that it was the baddest Procharged street truck in the country. I would like to think, that along with all the written support for their product on the forums would count for something.

On a similar but different note, I was just recently approached by performancetrucks.net to send some pics of Blown06 for some new t-shirt designs that they may have coming out. You can bet I’ll be sending them some because that is awesome. But it does make me wonder in the back of my head, who is profiting from this? Not just from my contribution, but everyone who has been asked to send pics for the shirts. I don’t believe they are handing them out for free are they?

A similar but different situation came up earlier this year. Nelson Performance requested pics of Blown06 to put on the 7th annual ls1truck.com shootout T-shirt as it was the winner from the previous year. The difference in this case is that Allen (the owner of Nelson Performance and ls1truck.com) goes out of his way to promote this great event and I am more than happy to contribute (via T-shirt sales) to the cause.

This day in age, a company’s reputation on the internet (especially as represented on the forums) can mean the difference between them surviving or being completely destroyed. This along with the fact that I’m constantly hearing about these “blogging people” who make a living doing basically the same thing we do here just makes me wonder, at what point does ones internet exposure become worth something? I can think of a number of folks who be deserving of a company’s support. Do they get it? I don’t know. It also blows my mind that a company has to pay to be a sponsor yet provides the posts to keep certain sites going. Does that last sentence make sense?

This is a crazy rant that I actually started typing days ago and decided not to post it. So I just copy/pasted into a word doc. Well after giving it some thought, I figured I’d post it here to see what others had to say.

Flame on.
Old 04-15-2015 | 02:09 AM
On The Tree

I will tell you this if you wanna get sponsorships or free products or help. You need to put together a proposal for the said vehicle having show dates and or race dates that it will attend. They want exposure and most of the time they want it at actual places not the internet.

And try to plan sending stuff to the company's around the beginning of the year so they can make sure your part of the budget. Main thing is selling yourself and making a relationship with the company. It's alot easier also when you have a shop help out in pushing your vehicle.

I have a few friends that build show cars for a living and they do 3 to 4 a year and flip them making a solid income off of it. They also own a shop that they use to do everything at.

Also on the exposure part I am pretty deep in the bodybuilding community and know quite a few from insta gram making 150 plus a year. They are paid per pic they post advertising the brand they represent they have a limit per week though that there paid for. And then they get paid per expo. I don't know to many that get paid for it on the car side though.

Last edited by 08DenaliT; 04-15-2015 at 02:15 AM.
Old 04-15-2015 | 07:13 AM
I have a gauge for that

About the post views thing, if the fact that this thread has a lot of views causes you stress, I can easily change that to whatever number relieves that stress from you. A lot of guys make several build threads, I know I made 3 or so which I just added up to about 316,000 to your 384,000, so thats part of the reason you have so many more than anyone else. And because the views ARE able to be changed is why I dont think a lot of companies really care about forum exposure.

In my opinion, a hobby is no longer fun when you are in it to make money, then it becomes a job. If you are going down the path of feeling some sort of angst because of lost income doing the truck thing maybe you should take a break for a while and consider why you like this hobby in the first place. If procharger doesnt want to sponsor you, then that is their call. They are a private company and can do whatever they want.
Old 04-15-2015 | 07:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not one for taking hand-outs or intentionally drawing attention to myself.
That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

If you can't afford to continue on with your build, don't come on here crying like a baby because no one is interested in sponsoring you or your truck.
Old 04-15-2015 | 07:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by L8ERBRO

If you can't afford to continue on with your build, don't come on here crying like a baby because no one is interested in sponsoring you or your truck.

I don't think that is where Blown06 was going with this.....
Old 04-15-2015 | 08:10 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Atomic
About the post views thing, if the fact that this thread has a lot of views causes you stress, I can easily change that to whatever number relieves that stress from you. A lot of guys make several build threads, I know I made 3 or so which I just added up to about 316,000 to your 384,000, so thats part of the reason you have so many more than anyone else. And because the views ARE able to be changed is why I dont think a lot of companies really care about forum exposure.

In my opinion, a hobby is no longer fun when you are in it to make money, then it becomes a job. If you are going down the path of feeling some sort of angst because of lost income doing the truck thing maybe you should take a break for a while and consider why you like this hobby in the first place. If procharger doesnt want to sponsor you, then that is their call. They are a private company and can do whatever they want.
Is that really your response to my post? How do you figure this thread, the view count, my race truck or anything I post about on this sight causes me stress? I think it's cool that it's a fairly popular thread. If nobody gave a **** I probably would have quit posting a long time ago, but I can promise you not one thing would have changed with the truck.

That post was never intended to cry about not getting money. I haven't asked anybody for a damn thing and at this point have no desire to. I just thought it was a good discussion. To be honest the whole thought behind that post came from a lunch I had with a few buddies over the weekend where one told me his wife blogs about makeup or some **** and makes money doing it. I thought it was cool and just got me thinking. It just so happened that was about the time "performancetrucks.net" was requesting pics, hence the post.

I prefaced that post the way I did so that minds like yours wouldn't have to go where it did. Apparently I failed.

Originally Posted by L8ERBRO

Hows that 2.75 working out for ya? lol
I'm probably gonna put a transmission dipstick in the classifieds later, I'll let it go cheap if you want it. Just send me a pm.

Originally Posted by SlowDude
I don't think that is where Blown06 was going with this.....
Thanks for clearing that up, but with him it's falling on deaf ears, poor bastard.
Old 04-15-2015 | 08:16 AM
8 Second Truck Club

People, please read the entire post. It's an inquiry more than anything.
Old 04-15-2015 | 08:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Apparently I failed.

Hows that 2.75 working out for ya? lol
I'm probably gonna put a transmission dipstick in the classifieds later, I'll let it go cheap if you want it. Just send me a pm.
Posting on my thread the ways you did and this ^^ prove you're more concerned with trying to make fun of a first timer like me rather than trying to help or offer advice (not that I would listen) and also prove what a As***** you are, but that's just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More