PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015 | 06:58 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Correct some on this site think as long as you have pressure youre fine, thats not the case...Alcohol fuels require alot of volume capable and they run higher base for better atomization of the fuel

This is why alot of alcohol fuel users use injectors with a better spray pattern then your run of mil injector

Look at billet atomizer injectors or look at moran atomizers and see the spray patterns

Ohwait maybe all this should be deleted since theres no documents to back this coming from my phone.

If you look at anyone on a alcohol fuel they will typicall run much larger fuel line size....example my main fuel line is -12
Old 11-23-2015 | 07:06 PM
Resident Retard

So i have a question. I believe most injectors are pointed at the intake valve, yes/no? If so are those upper ones also pointed at the valve?
Old 11-23-2015 | 07:08 PM

Had a buddy running alcohol through a motor and his fuel lines were comically huge. He said that alcohol needed bigger lines than gas. I just took his word on it and never questioned it. I know after a pass his cast intake was sweating cold in texas july.
Old 11-23-2015 | 07:24 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
Had a buddy running alcohol through a motor and his fuel lines were comically huge. He said that alcohol needed bigger lines than gas. I just took his word on it and never questioned it. I know after a pass his cast intake was sweating cold in texas july.
Correct....weight of the alcohol fuels also has a role in things for sizing

Its a badass fuel for sure and why its outlawed in alot of classes
Old 11-24-2015 | 12:57 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Atomic
Are you talking about a 90psi base pressure?
Yes

Originally Posted by George C....
You remounting blower in bumper or grill with that bell mouth
No. Still gonna be on the cog drive.

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
What is the benefit of running the FP that high? Is it a meth thing?
Several reasons as George pointed out. Although not the first reason to do it, but it makes the injector able to flow more volume as well.

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
So i have a question. I believe most injectors are pointed at the intake valve, yes/no? If so are those upper ones also pointed at the valve?
At this point, it is pretty much a situation of where ever there is room and still be able to get to the intake bolts and everything else.
Old 11-24-2015 | 08:03 AM
I have a gauge for that

That must be a monster pump(s) to move that much volume at that pressure
Old 11-24-2015 | 08:28 AM
Formerly ScreamingL

A aeromotive red pump has made 1300 rwhp on meth with 235lb injectors at 90 base...that pump can be had for around 580

His pump is gonna be alot more money since capable of more....so if he ever goes BBC hell be fine

example my red pump flows 5.2 g/min at 100psi at 4000 rpms

Last edited by George C....; 11-24-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-24-2015 | 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
I'm on the pit crew for a friend that runs a (dirt track) spec head small block modified over here in NJ. They run 4 bbl carbs and can run either race gas or meth. The size difference from when he went from race gas to meth is intense. Tons more power but more maintenance.

We change the oil every 2-3 races. When running straight Meth, it tends to either get into the oil or gets moisture in the oil and turns it kinda milky.

Car is harder to start too, might just be because we run a carb and not FI (FI is not legal)
Old 11-25-2015 | 01:25 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by George C....
A aeromotive red pump has made 1300 rwhp on meth with 235lb injectors at 90 base...that pump can be had for around 580

His pump is gonna be alot more money since capable of more....so if he ever goes BBC hell be fine

example my red pump flows 5.2 g/min at 100psi at 4000 rpms
I believe this Enderle 990 is something like 15.7 g/min at 100 psi at 4000 rpm. I was very tempted to get the Enderle 110 out of fear that this one may be too much. We'll see. The 110 pump is 13.4 g/min.
Old 11-25-2015 | 01:28 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by wretched73
I'm on the pit crew for a friend that runs a (dirt track) spec head small block modified over here in NJ. They run 4 bbl carbs and can run either race gas or meth. The size difference from when he went from race gas to meth is intense. Tons more power but more maintenance.

We change the oil every 2-3 races. When running straight Meth, it tends to either get into the oil or gets moisture in the oil and turns it kinda milky.

Car is harder to start too, might just be because we run a carb and not FI (FI is not legal)
My engine builder mainly does circle track stuff. Last year they had the option to run gas or methanol in a class that he sponsors. Said they switched to gas and it lost 40 horsepower on the dyno, but the car lost enough weight in fuel capacity that it was actually quicker. I love going to watch his 410 sprint motors. When you whack the throttle on one of those it sounds like a bomb going off instead of an engine revving up.

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More