PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010 | 01:31 PM
8 Second Truck Club

I think I've come up with an idea on how to mount the stop lamp switch, but I need to see some pictures of exactly how it was originally oriented on the brake pedal stud. Could someone crawl up under their dash and take a detailed picture of this for me? This is what the switch looks like.

Name:  camera001.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  115.6 KB

Name:  camera002.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  107.7 KB
Old 07-21-2010 | 07:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blown06
The factory one. I don't want this truck to start looking like a race car.

Thanks. Whats the status on your stuff. Still rockin the procharger? Have you been any faster with it? Didn't we both break the 10 sec. barrier on the same night without each other knowing about it?

Can anybody get me a wiring diagram for the brake switch off the brake pedal? If I recall it has 8 (or maybe it was 6) wires coming from it. I tried searching all over the net this evening and couldn't find anything other than it should be similar for almost all nbs trucks (at least the dbw ones). I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm gonna do about remounting this switch and I'm anticipating having to change the wiring around a bit if I can't use the factory switch.
yea Still rockin the procharger just added a big intercooler and the victor jr i think im going to the track on friday
Old 07-21-2010 | 07:53 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Default Brake switch

From All Data

A- White : Stop lamp switch
B- Orange : Battery Positive Voltage
C- Brown : Ignition 3 voltage
D- Purple : TCC Brake Switch Signal
E- Light Green/Black : A/T shift lock control switch supply voltage
F- Dark Green/White : A/T shift lock control Solenoid supply voltage

Not sure if the picture will work.

Last edited by 2005 Silverado; 07-21-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 07-21-2010 | 11:02 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

To Much
This what you need???
Attached Thumbnails Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More-dscn3866.jpg   Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More-dscn3868.jpg   Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More-dscn3870.jpg  
Old 07-23-2010 | 01:50 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by redrum07
yea Still rockin the procharger just added a big intercooler and the victor jr i think im going to the track on friday
Cool, let me know how it runs.

Originally Posted by 2005 Silverado
From All Data

A- White : Stop lamp switch
B- Orange : Battery Positive Voltage
C- Brown : Ignition 3 voltage
D- Purple : TCC Brake Switch Signal
E- Light Green/Black : A/T shift lock control switch supply voltage
F- Dark Green/White : A/T shift lock control Solenoid supply voltage

Not sure if the picture will work.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
To Much
This what you need???
Thanks.
Old 07-23-2010 | 03:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just went through this process. All I did was press the pin out of the brake arm, drilled a hole about a 1" down from the original location and reinstalled as factory. I had to cut the eyelet off both the original booster and new mastercylinder. Welded the old eyelet on the new adjustable rod and everything went back together as normal. Still adjustable and everything works.

There was an easier way to do it but I screwed it up. You could just cut the old booster rod about half way back and the reverse thread it like the new master rod and everything will attach as normal as well. I threaded mine and realized I didn't reverse thread it to late...lol.
Old 07-23-2010 | 11:13 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

If you need any pictures or measurments let me know. I have a hydro boost Im gonna install and the brake arm is right there so its not like I have to take my own truck apart.

I love having spare parts!!! LOL
Old 07-23-2010 | 04:16 PM

wow...this thing is the perfect street machine! are you going to paint the bars, or wrap them in a foam padding?

i really need to get them to make my driveshaft mount
Old 07-24-2010 | 02:41 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by jasond26
I just went through this process. All I did was press the pin out of the brake arm, drilled a hole about a 1" down from the original location and reinstalled as factory. I had to cut the eyelet off both the original booster and new mastercylinder. Welded the old eyelet on the new adjustable rod and everything went back together as normal. Still adjustable and everything works.

There was an easier way to do it but I screwed it up. You could just cut the old booster rod about half way back and the reverse thread it like the new master rod and everything will attach as normal as well. I threaded mine and realized I didn't reverse thread it to late...lol.
Not sure but you might want to check your measurements. My new mounting point is actually higher on the pedal.

I like your idea of mounting though. I might try something like that. Sounds easier than what I was going to try.

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
wow...this thing is the perfect street machine! are you going to paint the bars, or wrap them in a foam padding?

i really need to get them to make my driveshaft mount
I'll be painting the bars flat black.
Old 07-24-2010 | 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I want to make sure I did this right. I need more ratio becasue I have manual brakes. I mounted the master cylinder arm farther from the pivot point therefore giving me more force applied. Am I correct?

scratch that, I am an idiot...lol your right. Force is greater longer the arm closer to pivot point.

Last edited by jasond26; 07-24-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More