PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016 | 01:22 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Nwfjarhead
Over the past few days I have read your build from page 1. I just wanted you to know that you do amazing work. I have been struggling with a pill addiction and decided to give it up. Over the past few days I have been going through the worst of the withdrawals and reading your thread helped to keep me focused and motivated to get through it. I have a 02 ecsb that I'm ready to get going on. I just wanted to thank you for helping me get through this. It helped change my life.
Man, I sincerely wish you the best of luck. I'm no stranger to addiction either and it can the most pleasant **** hole life one can lead. The term "pleasant **** hole life" is just that. The up swings are so high and the down times are so low it is impossible to explain to someone who has never been through it. You are making the right decision. Thanks for the kind words about the thread, but take advantage of the whole site. There is a ton of fun reading on here.

And if you really like this hobby, go over to yellowbullet. So much content over there to keep you busy for a long time.

If you are still here, shoot me a pm and I'll give you my number and we can talk sometime if you need anything.
Old 06-03-2016 | 01:31 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by rocknZ71
Congratulations for making the decision to get clean. Just remember to take it 1 day at a time. I've been in recovery for 3 1/2 years now and each day is a little better and a little brighter. Don't be discouraged if at times you have to focus on making thru the next hour or even the next minute without using again. Life is so much sweeter now that I don't spend every waking moment worried about where my next fix is coming from. Now I can spend that time wondering where my parts are or when I'm going to have time to install them or what my next upgrade is going to be!

Sorry for hijacking Blown06. Yours is 1 of the threads I've enjoyed following over the years not to mention all the back and forth with a certain hard headed loud mouth. Lol!
No hijack at all.

"This is what we do all this for anyway.........the people."

-Kenny Roberts, Sr.

If you don't know who Kenny Roberts, Sr. is................he is one of the most revered motorcycle racers in the world. The quote above comes from this interview .......which is an incredible watch.

Old 06-06-2016 | 02:00 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Can anyone suggest a very good paint/body shop in/around the Houston area?

I've got some issues going on with the bed that I would like fixed and I think the best solution is either to replace the bed sides or cut out the outside wheel well and fit up factory replacements.

I'd probably go ahead and have them touch up a few scratches as well. Or hell maybe a whole new paint job at that point. Anyone remember these renderings i had done?

Name:  Picture225_zpsa6dcb379.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  2.30 MB

Name:  Picture224_zpsc3586f67.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  2.51 MB

Name:  Picture222_zps7a70e83d.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  2.36 MB

Name:  Picture221_zps70f5e9f2.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  2.37 MB

Name:  Picture226_zps6896a1ef.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  2.51 MB

Name:  Picture223_zps37b5e840.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  2.37 MB
Old 06-06-2016 | 08:43 PM
Launching!

I vote the top one lol.
Old 06-06-2016 | 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

First and last one I like! Lol
Old 06-06-2016 | 09:44 PM
Launching!

I like the 3rd one but I'm a firm believer in "less is more".
Old 06-07-2016 | 12:02 AM
Launching!

I like the first one best! All of them look great though...You have a bad *** build! Very inspiring.
Old 06-07-2016 | 12:37 AM
8 Second Truck Club

I like them all and would be game, but I need to find someone with a brain to work on the bed first and foremost. As it is right now, I don't think I'd be able to make anymore full 1/4 pulls without it looking like a bird at the finish line.
Old 06-08-2016 | 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

what happend to the bed any pictures? i found my bed was broken on the rear behind the bumper on my daily 2006 last time i washed it

And about the paint i would leave it like it is man, its the cleanest nicest truck right now, every fast truck seems to have stripes or wrapes these days, leave it like it is looks BADASS, dont fix whats not broken lol
Old 06-09-2016 | 12:26 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by walledition
what happend to the bed any pictures? i found my bed was broken on the rear behind the bumper on my daily 2006 last time i washed it

And about the paint i would leave it like it is man, its the cleanest nicest truck right now, every fast truck seems to have stripes or wrapes these days, leave it like it is looks BADASS, dont fix whats not broken lol
The bed issues is a long story man. Long story short, the truck was at Triangle Speed back when Madman was making his transition through there. Well, apparently he got pressed for time and some other fool put the tubs in and pretty much ruined it. I called the issue to Madman's attention, he acknowledged, apologized and offered to pay to get the bed painted if I ever addressed it. It was fine before, but now over time and I guess a few weather cycles, the bed side has come completely detached from the tub. The other issue is that whoever did it, decided to try to roll the fender lip (even though I specifically told them not too cause with my custom 9" and wheel set up the tire would fully tuck with room to spare). Upon his roll job, it completely fucked the paint up and its starting to peel. So not only did this moron not stop, he decided well since that didn't work, he just cut the pinch weld , fender lip or whatever you call it completely out on the other side. Which now looks like **** cause both side are fucked up in two different ways.

...and if that wasn't enough, the wheel tub wasn't taken in far enough to fit any larger wheel than the 12" I have on it now. It should have been taken to the frame. So if I ever had the desire to run a 14" wheel with a W on it, it's gonna have to get new tubs anyway.

Sorry for the rant.

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More