PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010 | 01:07 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Here's some pics of the injector harness progress, and a bracket I made for the x-link...

Name:  securedownload4.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  67.7 KB

Name:  securedownload3.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  securedownload2.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  58.0 KB

Name:  securedownload1.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  46.5 KB

Name:  securedownload.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  54.0 KB
Old 12-14-2010 | 01:10 AM
TECH Addict

looking good
Old 01-14-2011 | 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

Did you start another thread, or just lacking in updates? I just read through the entire thing, amazing stuff.

Subscribed for a phenomenal build!
Old 01-15-2011 | 01:19 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by ShredSled
Did you start another thread, or just lacking in updates? I just read through the entire thing, amazing stuff.

Subscribed for a phenomenal build!
Lacking updates. I've been having some personal issues lately and to be honest, the little time I've had to work on it, I just go out in the garage and stare at it. The SAR shootout is all but out of sight at this point.
Old 01-15-2011 | 01:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Blown06
Lacking updates. I've been having some personal issues lately and to be honest, the little time I've had to work on it, I just go out in the garage and stare at it. The SAR shootout is all but out of sight at this point.
Well best of luck dealing with life. I'm sure you'll get things straightened out, and by that time you should have fresh motivation to get this beast all wrapped up!

I know exactly what you mean about the standing around in the garage deal too, I've got an engine build/swap project on my hands right now, but all I can do lately is just stare at it and imagine all the **** I can't afford in order to do it the way I really want....
Old 01-15-2011 | 05:33 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Good luck on the personal stuff.

Without outside issues we all have dead spots in our projects. You just loose the mood for a little wile and don't touch it.

As a side note and hopefully some motivation lots of us are anxious to see the final product. As Joe dirt says " You gotta keep on keeping on!"
Old 01-23-2011 | 02:39 AM
8 Second Truck Club

I've just about got the engine harness done and I've hit a small road block. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the Generator Battery Control Module. Here are some options, but with questions:

1. Keep it.
If I do end up having to use it, do I have to put it back near the battery or can I put it on the ground cable that goes from the motor to the frame? If I have to put it back near the battery then I'll have to run some additional wires back up to the front to hook back into the harness. As far as I'm concerned this is the **** option.

2. Get rid of it. Ok, how? I did a ton of searching on the forums tonight and I can't seem to find any definate answers. If I can get rid of it, how hard would it be to convert to a one wire alternator, and how do I get the factory volt gauge to work?

I did a ton of searching on the forums tonight and I can't seem to find any definative answers on deleting it. I have seen where some people take the brown and grey wire from the alternator to a switched 12v source with a resistor on one of the wires. But I can't find an answer on what to do about the rest of the wires. If I remember right, there are 7 wires that connect to the GBCM. 2 appear to be grounds (black w/white stripe), 2 feed into the under hood fuse box (red w/black stripe), 1 wire that appears to go back into the cab, possibly for the instrument cluster (orange w/black stripe) and then the brown and grey to the alternator.

My truck appears to be different than any year model before it as the research I've done shows the 05 and earlier trucks with the alt. wires going to the pcm. Mine don't.

I would appreciate some help on this, I sure its been done, I just haven't found anyone that knows how to do it.
Old 01-23-2011 | 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redrum07
yea Still rockin the procharger just added a big intercooler and the victor jr i think im going to the track on friday
Hmmm... watchin this thread now!
Old 01-23-2011 | 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flaco
on the gmc, i am running a stock diff with a Eaton locker and stock axles with leafs and caltracs...it been a best of 1.40 of the foot break with 12 psi launch and 1.37 off the t-brake with 8 psi launch...dont want to leave harder off the t-brake as i feel it will let go

the chevy has a Fab 9 with ladder bars and 40 spline axles
Lovin it! (.... the "goin for 7's" note in your sig!)
Old 01-23-2011 | 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blown02408
I probably would have been running identical times by now if I wasn't as slow as molasses at finishing the next part of my build.

I'm almost done my dedicated 12 rib drive, just waiting on a custom crank pulley I had made and maybe an idler to finish it up. Belt slip should be a thing of the of the past. Plus my truck is under 4,000 pounds now with me in it. 9's would be sweet
I didn't realize there were so many Procharger threads to begin watching! Ah'm lovin it!

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More