PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011 | 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

very nice project you got there
Old 08-16-2011 | 12:11 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by pewterliftedz
what kind of shot gun and shells r u using out there blown/
I've been using an 1100 and AA sporting clays when i go out shooting..
I'm looking to upgrade within the year and start shooting more tournys for fun.
I shoot a Browning Citori 625 Sporting. I shot 1st in my class a few weeks ago in a pretty big tourny (won $1000). At that tournament I shot strickly AA Sporting Clays 1-1/8 oz. 7.5 shot at 1300 fps mostly using Briley Helix LM/LM chokes with the exception of one station where I used D/D (super close rabbit and a 15 yard crosser at about 65 mph!).

Since then I've gone out just messing around and tried a case of the Fiocchi Super Crushers (1 oz. 7.5 shot at 1400 fps) and really liked them on targets 30 yards and shorter. I've also tried 2 cases of Rio Star Team 32 (1-1/8 oz. 7.5 shot at 1300 fps). They seem to work just as good as the AA's and are about $3-$4 less per box from Able Ammo in Huntsville.

The thing about shooting NSCA tournaments is the cost. Entry fee for tournaments with good payouts is typically around $195. Add in the cart rental at $100 and a case of quality shells at $80 and it starts adding up quick. Thats $375 just to shoot the main. Then if you wanna shoot the prelim count on another $85 fee plus $32 for shells and a Friday cart fee $50 theres another $167. Theres a weekend of shooting for a grand total of $542! Thats what most people pay for a shotgun.

O'yea and then you have to practice $$$
Old 08-16-2011 | 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

im going to try out a case of this rio ammo bud.
Rio Competition Target Load Star Team Shotshells ST3275, 12 Gauge, 2 3/4", 1 1/8 oz, 1300 fps, #7.5
thanks for the heads up.
iv only been a seasonal dove hunter since i was a kid. Just these past few months I decided that i needed to pick up another hobby. I had my 1100 fitted to me and i hope to order a 30" probore threaded barrel pretty soon. along with some briley extended choke tubes. for now im stuck with the factory original fixed MOD barrel with the forcing cone cut out
Old 08-16-2011 | 10:16 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Looking good man, I like it!
Old 08-19-2011 | 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Awesome build thread. I haven't been able to read everything, but jumping around the thread a few things that come to mind that may help out. One, it sounds like you're using a stock block with a big stroke. There was some feedback from some of the board about oil control problems........obviously a big problem you don't want (oil in the chamber on a boosted application such as this)----have you considered a sleeved block (like some of the work from ERL - see below). The sleeves extend lower and would resolve that issue imo.

2nd: how about running the blower off of the front of the crank? I have an F2 on my mustang with that setup (see link below) and if you're working the blower hard and pushing the combo, it is worth about 70rwhp over a traditional side slinger setup on a mustang with a glide and small block. A lot easier on the crank and block too. This setup would use your blower (doesn't require a reverse rotation head unit or anything weird like that). The bigger blowers like the F2 (especially when they are spun up) will see the best results as they require a ton of horsepower to drive.

The supercharger store is where I got my kit, but there are others out there (racecraft iirc). Either way, it sounds like you are going to have a serious machine on your hands. Take care.

Originally Posted by Blown06
Yea, power windows and radio.

I've got a pending sale on the motor, so it will be coming out next weekend. I'm getting another motor built right now. I'll be using my 6.0 block but haven't decided on a crank yet, I'm contemplating 3 different strokes either 3.800, 4.000 or 4.100. Gonna just leave it up to the builder. It'll stay hyd. roller, and I've got a set of 245cc Edelbrocks from WCCH (Spoolin's old heads).

I'm hoping to have the motor done within the next month or two. Truck will be ready by then so not too much longer.

Last edited by Bill Reid; 08-19-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: No non-sponsor links please
Old 08-19-2011 | 12:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by slowfive0
Awesome build thread. I haven't been able to read everything, but jumping around the thread a few things that come to mind that may help out. One, it sounds like you're using a stock block with a big stroke. There was some feedback from some of the board about oil control problems........obviously a big problem you don't want (oil in the chamber on a boosted application such as this)----have you considered a sleeved block (like some of the work from ERL - see below). The sleeves extend lower and would resolve that issue imo.

2nd: how about running the blower off of the front of the crank? I have an F2 on my mustang with that setup (see link below) and if you're working the blower hard and pushing the combo, it is worth about 70rwhp over a traditional side slinger setup on a mustang with a glide and small block. A lot easier on the crank and block too. This setup would use your blower (doesn't require a reverse rotation head unit or anything weird like that). The bigger blowers like the F2 (especially when they are spun up) will see the best results as they require a ton of horsepower to drive.

The supercharger store is where I got my kit, but there are others out there (racecraft iirc). Either way, it sounds like you are going to have a serious machine on your hands. Take care.
We're a dealer for Racecraft Inc., In case anyone wanted to get parts from them through us. Just a little FYI.

On that note, are there any finished pics of the truck? I havn't been able to read the entire thread, we got alot of work goin on. I'd like to see that thing in it's finished state.

Last edited by 1FastBrick; 10-14-2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: non-sponsor links removed from quote. 10/14/12 Sig pulled
Old 08-19-2011 | 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mad_steve
We're a dealer for Racecraft Inc., In case anyone wanted to get parts from them through us. Just a little FYI.

On that note, are there any finished pics of the truck? I havn't been able to read the entire thread, we got alot of work goin on. I'd like to see that thing in it's finished state.
Heres the latest picture
Name:  Picture158.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  60.1 KB

All the work you guys did and he has been out skeet shooting instead of finishing it. jk

Last edited by 1989k1500; 08-19-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-05-2011 | 11:59 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Engine builder finally got a fire lit under his ***. Some details...

I'm using some heads I bought from Spoolin and we threw them on the flow bench and they turned out pretty mean for what they are. 360/280 cfm int/ex at .700 lift and very stout at the lower numbers.

Bottom end
Crank: Eagle 4.100" (I don't wanna hear about it)
Rods: Eagle 6.100"
Pistons: Diamond (should be about 9.5:10

Valve train:

Cam: Secret for now
Lifters: Crower Hippo's
Rockers: Crower Shaft Mount

...a few machining operations, bolt it together and back at it.

Also, I'm switching over to Holley's new Dominator EFI. It's had very good reviews and I'm sure will be much easier than getting this thing perfect with the 411 pcm.

I'll be using my standalone harness for another project.
Old 10-06-2011 | 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet, glad to see you are getting somewhere on it man. Gunna have it ready for the 2012 racing season?
Old 10-06-2011 | 11:33 AM
GFYS and STFU

Those heads are some mean sum-a-bitches! Looking forward to seeing this thing making powa!

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More