PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012 | 03:17 AM
Baltimore Whore

Dude your build is bad ***, but ***, your into that truck ALOT
Old 10-28-2012 | 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blown06
Well the truck is back on the ground. Front and rear suspension under it for good. All the brake lines are plumbed. I need to throw the motor in it and carry it back to madman one last time. He is gonna install the wheel tubs, redo the trans crossmember for the T400, install a shifter and make sure the new rear is squared up.

Once I get it back, its a matter of wiring the holley dominator, plumbing it and it'll be ready to rock. Of course there are some small things like cold side piping, putting the interior back in etc....

I'm thinking 3-4 weeks once I get it back from madman. I'm guessing it won't be at his shop more than 1-2 weeks once I get it to him.
Thats not too bad, considering how much work you have done to this you are getting in the home stretch now. Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 10-28-2012 | 11:26 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Dude your build is bad ***, but ***, your into that truck ALOT
If your talking about $.............it's $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I look at what I've spent and then see guys like Carlyle and Berry's car and I can't figure it out. I guess some guys just make more money.
Old 11-06-2012 | 06:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Any updates thus far?
Old 11-06-2012 | 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

man i dont know how i missed this write up ... lol guess i dont come in the project gallery ever ...ha . but WOW great build , and i like how people think builds happen over night but dang the wait is about over cant wait to see how she runs. so i noticed in the beginning of the thread you were leaning towards a f1r and then all of a sudden you had a f2 , lol what changed your mind?
Old 11-06-2012 | 03:06 PM

Looks very fun.
Old 11-06-2012 | 11:27 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by idahoblkss
man i dont know how i missed this write up ... lol guess i dont come in the project gallery ever ...ha . but WOW great build , and i like how people think builds happen over night but dang the wait is about over cant wait to see how she runs. so i noticed in the beginning of the thread you were leaning towards a f1r and then all of a sudden you had a f2 , lol what changed your mind?
When I was selling my d1sc I ended up doing some trading/buying/selling and ended up with 2 d1sc's, an F1r and a completely rebuilt F2 from procharger with the upgraded bridge and trans case with the extra bolt holes, new impeller/bearings/gears etc. It was the nicest of the blowers so that is the one I stayed with. Wheeling and dealing prochargers is fun and can make you some money if you find them right. I have less than half of my original d1sc $$$ in this F2 cog setup.

Talked to engine guy today. Says it will for sure be ready tomorrow. I can't pick up till Friday so he has two extra days to get his **** together. We'll see how that goes. Once I get it, I'll devote a post to all the issues I had with getting this motor.
Old 11-06-2012 | 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can you explain upgraded bridge and extra bolt holes? Cause ny f1 has 4 little bolt holes above the pulley and i have no idea what they are for?
Old 11-07-2012 | 10:41 PM
8 Second Truck Club

These are extra bolt holes where the volute meets the transmission case. Just more spots to bolt to the bracket. I'll see if I can dig up some pics. the holes you are talking about are for a pulley guard of some kind I would imagine.

As for the bridge upgrade, I don't know what it does or which blowers it affects other than the F2, but supposedly they came with an aluminum one and now they are upgrading them to steel.
Old 11-07-2012 | 10:44 PM
what a rush!

dude, when are we going to see a motor? What's the story with that! Your build is awesome brother! Hope all the pieces come together for you!

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More