PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013 | 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SLO TRUCK
Isn't the point of putting them on the output side to account for and pressure drop across the I/C.
the procharger techs told me you always want the bov on the hot side of the intercooler so the intercooler isnt working at 100% all the time, that way your releasing the majority of the hot air out b4 it runs threw the intercooler and heats it up when your not wanting it to work.
Old 04-09-2013 | 11:57 AM
I have a gauge for that

Higher pressure would make the valves more effective.
Old 04-10-2013 | 12:53 AM
8 Second Truck Club

The location was more of a packaging deal. I didn't want the weight of those things hanging on the longer pipe. Being that the intercooler will have ice water running through it, I'm not too worried about efficiency of the intercooler. Also, I certainly don't have to worry about effectiveness of the bov's as 2 is way over kill. If I wasn't trying to run a belt to drive the blower, I would have likely only used one.
Old 04-15-2013 | 12:35 PM
Teching In

Updates?!
Old 04-15-2013 | 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think the bigger issue with the valves is not putting undue stress on the tb or blower wheel after suddenly slamming g throttle closed after blower was at full tilt.

I'm not being critical. I think ur build is amazing and I can't wait to hear it make a pass! My comments are only trying to help. That said, is ur tubing the thin wall stuff or the thicker. If its the thin stuff those valves (extension stands) will crack where they weld to the tube after a handful of passes (ask me how I know). My new combo, the valves are welded on like urs. The old combo (thin wall) cracked and I ended up having to weld a plate on the tube first, then the extension. Just trying to save u some potential aggravation. Good luck.
Old 04-15-2013 | 09:20 PM
Launching!

One word, DAMN!!!!! Awsome build!
Old 04-16-2013 | 12:19 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by slowfive0
I think the bigger issue with the valves is not putting undue stress on the tb or blower wheel after suddenly slamming g throttle closed after blower was at full tilt.

I'm not being critical. I think ur build is amazing and I can't wait to hear it make a pass! My comments are only trying to help. That said, is ur tubing the thin wall stuff or the thicker. If its the thin stuff those valves (extension stands) will crack where they weld to the tube after a handful of passes (ask me how I know). My new combo, the valves are welded on like urs. The old combo (thin wall) cracked and I ended up having to weld a plate on the tube first, then the extension. Just trying to save u some potential aggravation. Good luck.
the tubing is .065 wall
Old 04-16-2013 | 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

That sux. When I had the .065 wall, mine cracked after a few passes. See before and after pics. New combo is using .125 wall in that area. I guess, see what happens and keep an eye on it. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More-before.jpg   Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More-after.jpg   Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More-new-combo.jpg  
Old 04-17-2013 | 12:36 AM
8 Second Truck Club

My guess is that your stuff cracked there because the BOV was put on the outside of the bend. .065" mandrel bent tubing is around .040" thick on the outside bend.

Plenty of people running these bov's on .065 wall aluminum tubing. Your's is the first I've seen do this.

Hope I don't have this problem, but mine are not mounted in a bend for this reason.
Old 04-17-2013 | 01:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good point. Sounds like it should be fine then. Keep us posted and we want Video!

Originally Posted by Blown06
My guess is that your stuff cracked there because the BOV was put on the outside of the bend. .065" mandrel bent tubing is around .040" thick on the outside bend.

Plenty of people running these bov's on .065 wall aluminum tubing. Your's is the first I've seen do this.

Hope I don't have this problem, but mine are not mounted in a bend for this reason.

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More