PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06 Suspension/Drivetrain Project: 4/6 Drop, QA-1's, 5-Lug, Bogarts, Long-bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 01:45 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by daryn c
i know your probably right!!!, but luckily for me MADMAN lives right down the rd from me... ill be paying a visit to him monday morning , and we will brainstorm on what setup would suit my needs... truck isnt a 100% full blown track vehicle, its mainly a street / play truck, hence the t56 ! but i need something thats going to give me a good foot on the ground with the tall gearing. hell i somehow managed to wheel hop 4th gear at 80 mph last night!!! dont tell me that wasnt a wild ride!
Funny you should mention madman. I've got an appointment in late May.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
Also, when I was working on the front I noticed that I have a problem with one of the front shocks. It completely pulled the top bushing through the mounting hole. Yes, I'm using the correct bushings with the washer on top. My guess is that the shocks are actually to short and its bottoming out on the extension to soon and to hard. I have a pretty easy fix to shorten the ride height shock length up by 1/2" (thanks Casey), so I'll see if that will do the trick. More on that later.
Can you update us on the fix for this? I did not see a follow up in the thread after the above quote. I am looking into front shocks as well and at a measured 10" compression, 16" extension and 12.5" ride height, the shocks I have found are either too long at compression or too short on extension.
Are you using the RC1958P?
Old 05-01-2010, 03:17 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BigKID
Can you update us on the fix for this? I did not see a follow up in the thread after the above quote. I am looking into front shocks as well and at a measured 10" compression, 16" extension and 12.5" ride height, the shocks I have found are either too long at compression or too short on extension.
Are you using the RC1958P?
Let me see what info I can dig up for ya.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:10 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would remove the tq arm setup, remove the overload spring, and install a set of caltracs. you already have a nice setup for the rear shocks.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I just looked through your thread. Everything looks great! Have you installed the fuel cell and external pump? I have a cell in my bed with a inline external pump. Its freakin LOUD! It makes a high pitch wine that grows to be annoying on long trips. My 4 link cross member takes up all the space for a stock fuel tank, so the cell is my only option. Have you experienced the same thing, done anything to quiet it down?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:47 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by SCOTT_A
I just looked through your thread. Everything looks great! Have you installed the fuel cell and external pump? I have a cell in my bed with a inline external pump. Its freakin LOUD! It makes a high pitch wine that grows to be annoying on long trips. My 4 link cross member takes up all the space for a stock fuel tank, so the cell is my only option. Have you experienced the same thing, done anything to quiet it down?
I've got my 4303 magnafuel mounted directly to the frame and yes it's loud. However it can't be heard over my exhaust and blower. My truck is pretty loud.

I mounted an A1000 on one of my other cars and used a piece of 3/4" thick rubber (from an industrial conveyor belt) between the pump and the frame bracket and it is very quiet. The sound does not really transmit through the car. You might try something like that. I'll see if I can get some pics of the cell and the pump, but it might be a while. I've cut the truck taken apart pretty far right now and its going to madman's next week for a cage and some other minor chassis upgrades.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:57 PM
8 Second Truck Club

I'm gonna have to appologize to those who were waiting on the results of the torque arm project. Looks like that won't be getting done as I'm gonna go ahead and get a the 4-link done while the truck is at the chassis shop getting the cage done.

I've still got the materials to do something with. I don't know what yet.

New build thread coming as the pictures roll in from Madman & Co. Racing!
Old 05-28-2010, 08:43 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn wish i was a baller like that!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
I'm gonna have to appologize to those who were waiting on the results of the torque arm project. Looks like that won't be getting done as I'm gonna go ahead and get a the 4-link done while the truck is at the chassis shop getting the cage done.

I've still got the materials to do something with. I don't know what yet.

New build thread coming as the pictures roll in from Madman & Co. Racing!
i see you went to the BEST!! cant waite to see the finished results, are you planning to have anything done to the front suspension like maybe coil overs? thats what i been talking to steve about.. ( think it was steve )
Old 05-29-2010, 02:06 AM
8 Second Truck Club

I don't know his helpers name but madman is brian. I'm not going to address the front right now. My bill over there is already over $10k. I'm not complaining though.....you get what you pay for and from what I saw when I was there and after talking to brian in person I'm convinced that my truck is in good hands. I was a little nervous about leaving my truck in another state at a shop that I've never been to with a guy I've never met, but when I left I was completely satisfied and comfortable.

Those guys work crazy fast too!

Quick Reply: Blown06 Suspension/Drivetrain Project: 4/6 Drop, QA-1's, 5-Lug, Bogarts, Long-bars