PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Can't stay stock!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by TIM Z
This couldnt get better......., you used your custm throttle body for a custm airbag mount?????

holy ***.
I don't see the problem, why would he want to waste material.....................
Old 07-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the pipe just stuck in there unattached?

Its gonna be hard to tie in( weld) that schedule 40 pipe to that thin sheet metal.

Exactley, im all for modding man, But this again doesnt look too safe IMO
These are the ignorant type of post that causes all of the issues.

If you read any of the thread, the bag and cup are just stitting there. The bag isn't mounted to the cup, and it is just a quick test fit making sure my measurments added up.

I love that there are three pages of you guys bickering, and talking trash yet no moddifications have been done besides de-cranking the front.

I will never get respect on this forum and mostly due to posts like this makeing ignorant statements from not reading the thread. I understand I have plenty of loose ends to wrap on the HD but people are still freaking out over them when it has not went down the road. That is why it is called a project truck and the project isn't finished yet I get bashed for my work in progress.

Last edited by custm2500; 07-18-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:42 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You def have ignorant covered. You are the most hillbilly ************ ive ever seen.

I was asking how your going to attach that pipe to the the body, its gonna be tough to weld when your tryin attach it to the thin body sheetmetal.

Start buying Fords and quit ruining our beloved GM's with your 12 year old fab skills.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

and boom goes the dynamite
Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
I will never get respect on this forum and mostly due to posts like this makeing ignorant statements from not reading the thread..
Yeah. That's it...
Old 07-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are the most hillbilly ************ ive ever seen.
Hey whats with this, I resemble that remark..
Old 07-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

You def have ignorant covered. You are the most hillbilly ************ ive ever seen.

I was asking how your going to attach that pipe to the the body, its gonna be tough to weld when your tryin attach it to the thin body sheetmetal.

Start buying Fords and quit ruining our beloved GM's with your 12 year old fab skills.
The first comment you made was " is the pipe event attatched." The answer has been a few times in this thread already. Therfore you were talking trash with no warant.

To answer you question on how I plan to attach it, I will either cut the "dome" off the spring mount and add a plate to bolt the cup to. I was also considering using the top, and bottom coil off the spring because it will attomaticaly center the bag and locate it just as if it were the original spring.

The other nice thing about using the coil off the spring I don't have to modify the truck at all, so if I want to go to stock down the road I will just need springs and re-crank the front.

Without a huge fight can anyone tell me inteligent reasons why the top and bottom spring coil idea would be a bad one?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

The first comment you made was " is the pipe event attatched." The answer has been a few times in this thread already. Therfore you were talking trash with no warant.

To answer you question on how I plan to attach it, I will either cut the "dome" off the spring mount and add a plate to bolt the cup to. I was also considering using the top, and bottom coil off the spring because it will attomaticaly center the bag and locate it just as if it were the original spring.

The other nice thing about using the coil off the spring I don't have to modify the truck at all, so if I want to go to stock down the road I will just need springs and re-crank the front.

Without a huge fight can anyone tell me inteligent reasons why the top and bottom spring coil idea would be a bad one? It seems like the easiest and best option.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So let me get this, you want to cut the spring in half to use the bag in between the 2??
Old 07-19-2011, 02:33 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just a thought..... If the airbag mount is a throttle body, are you planning to use the gas pedal to control ride height?

I don't even wanna comment on cutting the coils to mount the bags.....

Quick Reply: Can't stay stock!