PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

A completely different kind of project.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is nothing that should be brought into a full detail. Fuel injection and a carb is a million times diff from one another.. You can not think of the 2 as the same..Bottom line you will need that IAC to get a accurate idle, among a few things.. At first I was being a bit optimistic as to your build. But after reading 3 pages of this it seems, you might want to read up a little more to know what is what, to really get a idea how all this works in conjunction with the PCM.. There is a few post on here that nails the point trying to be made.. I am not going to bash you and call you any names, but you should really step back and look at the big picture again. Yes hot rodding, racing are great, it is fun to do things yourself to maybe save a few bucks, but you still need to think about safety when in the process
Old 02-13-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When is this thread going to get locked?
Old 02-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy
I don't think it should.. Some good info, maybe he can prove us wrong on the IAC..
Old 02-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mikegyver:
Thanks for the info. This is the info needed and what may be the downfall of a TB with no IAC. I don't see adding a IAC all the difficult so if it becomes a must then I will try to incorporate one.

Again if that proves to difficult to add and make work correctly then I am off to buy a TB.

I can't help but laugh my *** off every time someone keeps talking about me killing someone when the TB sticks. IT WON'T STICK!!!!!!!!!!! It is that simple. Lets say worse case scenario it does... I have a key all I have to do is turn it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tada this isn't a Honda prius. But good thing is there is no chance of it sticking.

Mangled03gmc:
The posts and info you refer to are exactly what I am looking for. The bashing and off the wall claims are the downfall to this and some other forums. Hopefully with time I can brake some ground and with my first attempt or possibly adding an IAC and prove all the nay-sayers wrong.

Last edited by custm2500; 02-13-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
Who needs a TB after all?

Hey if Quik were here speak his opinion, he would definitely NOT agree with the lack of airflow that engine would get!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

OMG . I am so glad you do not live in the same state as me. Do you keep a football helmet close by? Maybe you should.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/c..._power.jpg?o=2

I hope I dont get another infraction for this post but holycow. Natural selection is going to strike. Dude buy some life insurance with the money you save on your throttle body.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy
It is not locked cause all the moderator/admins are waiting to see the end result. So everyone try to keep the bashing to a minimum.

Be sure to video the first time you try and start it!!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will certainly doccument the first start up and the entire procces. I am as anxious as everyone to see what happens. I am just hoping I am correct and others are wrong.
TECH Addict

You think you will have time to turn it off, maybe or maybe not. What you going to do if you get it going, your doing 100 or so at the end of the track and it sticks, that track will get real short quick. Or better yet, pulling into the staging lanes and you run into the cars lined up in front of you or run someone over walking around in the lanes.

Last edited by outlawz2004; 02-13-2011 at 09:36 PM.
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
It is not locked cause all the moderaror/admins are waiting to see the end result. So everyone try to keep the bashing to a minimum.

Be sure to video the first time you try and start it!!
Would that be natural selection?

The end result is obvious to me. I don't think it will run. If it does for any length of time I hope his wife and kids are well taken care of. I mean that in a serious and nice way. I have a substantial amount if life insurance so that my family is taken care of should I do something really stupid.

Quick Reply: A completely different kind of project.