PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

A completely different kind of project.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
How about some of you newer guys that are on this bash wagon, keep beating a dead horse, post new links to some of your own work, if you even do your own work.. Im not hugging this guys ballsac, I don't agree with some of his stuff, but were beating a dead horse here... So post up what you have done, let the site see
well said john, i can say for one i dont weld on any my trucks because I dont modify or go into that kinda custom work. i will say i know how to weld decently enough to know my limits when needed. all in all welding shouldnt be taken too likely when doing custom fab work.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
How about some of you newer guys that are on this bash wagon, keep beating a dead horse, post new links to some of your own work, if you even do your own work.. Im not hugging this guys ballsac, I don't agree with some of his stuff, but were beating a dead horse here... So post up what you have done, let the site see
Thank you. This is what being a man, a stand up member of a group, and just plain a good American is about. We have our differences but you are able to stand up and agree to disagree.

Sorry for the people looking for instant gratification but the test of this TB isn't going to be for at least 3 weeks because I will need to buy the rest of the parts out of my next 2-3 checks. I promise it will get posted and in the mean time with spring nipping on our heals I am going to try to get some of the other open projects wrapped up.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Junkie

I post because I feel it is part of my duty as a certified automotive technician and my wife being a lawyer. If you continue this build after all the times you have been warned in a public forum, you will be held accoutable for the damage you cause!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by custm2500
Thank you. This is what being a man, a stand up member of a group, and just plain a good American is about. We have our differences but you are able to stand up and agree to disagree.

Sorry for the people looking for instant gratification but the test of this TB isn't going to be for at least 3 weeks because I will need to buy the rest of the parts out of my next 2-3 checks. I promise it will get posted and in the mean time with spring nipping on our heals I am going to try to get some of the other open projects wrapped up.
There is no way you're going to have less than $150 into this. You must work for minimum wage. You have to put a price on the time you blew on this "project". And at the end if it does work, its not even going to do everything that a factory tb can do. You can't argue that it won't look like a pile of **** either.

BTW, I bought my 87mm tb for $100. I'd maybe pay $150 for a tbss tb (90mm).

Don't you have a 408 sitting around? And a truck without an engine in it? Did you ever put the dash back in it, ffs? Lmao!

Or just keep going. This thread is hilarious. I just started working nights. I look forward to some more entertainment.

To the "lives in danger" people. Do y'all really think he's going to get this **** working?
Old 02-24-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any progress wantn to see what happens????????
Old 02-24-2011, 05:00 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted to add something but refrained, now I think it would be a good idea to share...when my truck was new I was having a problem with the throttle sticking. I diagnosed it as the throttle body and brought it to the dealer, where my step brother used to work, and had them replace it. A short while later my step-brother informed me that a TSB came out in regards to this, and that the factory aluminum throttle body would expand and warp when hot, causing the sticky throttle that I was experiencing. This is an OEM, factory, machined, aluminum throttle body that this happened to...I can only imagine what's going to happen when that sewer pipe heats up...
Old 02-24-2011, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Im curious how he was able to accurately center the throttle shaft hole and how he plans to machine a throttle blade. They're not true circles, but actually an oval. How he plans to get one cut on the cheap is beyond me, then figuring out how to center that in the TB too

Im all for fabbing your own parts but some things are just beyond you. Would you deck a block with an angle grinder?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I mill heads with a DA sander

- you laugh, I've seen it
Old 02-24-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
...I can only imagine what's going to happen when that sewer pipe heats up...
Well there you go, he's safe, because aluminum expands about 50% more than steel does.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Teching In

o f*ck yeah

Quick Reply: A completely different kind of project.