PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

A completely different kind of project.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simma down now.

Let him be. Last time I was this hostile, I got an infraction from the mod. Just fyi.

Originally Posted by outlawz2004
Hope it doesnt turn out like your bedcover, your crooked bed, your side pipes, or your back up camera install(all those were HACK JOBs) Sorry, just my opinion. One other thing, it looks like steel to me, have you thought about heat soak at all, the aluminum TBs dissipate heat at a much higher rate than steel, and then there is the safety issue as well. Wouldnt take much to bind up the throttle blade.
I believe Justin(blackbear) tuned his truck.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not going to bash your idea, but there are a few things i would have def done differently.. Hope in the end it is safe. Please take your time, do this one right, to have a great final product.. Good luck
Old 02-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just making a reference to your last few projects, they didnt turn out so well. I would hate to be on the same track as that poor truck, your going to hurt yourself or someone else with that road hazard you call an HD.
How is it a road hazard? Crooked pipes( that actually aren't), a not perfect screen mount, and worn cab mounts do not effect the safety of a truck.

I really don't understand your big beef but you really have a hair up your ***. Sorry I don't have laser precision with everything I do and it isn't my fault you are an idiot and take pictures of works-in-progress as final products.

I can't tell you what to do but if you are just going to be an *** and post rediculous miss informed pictures and talk **** then stay out of my threads. You simply make your self look like an idiot and have nothing usefully to offer.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Coban
Simma down now.
I'm not upset over it or what he posted. I just stated my opinion of this project as well as some past ones, I guess I should have left those out. I hope it works out for you custom2500 and its not a tuning nightmare for Justin. I'm all for fabbing parts and saving money, but there is a point where safety and ability should considered.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Not going to bash your idea, but there are a few things i would have def done differently.. Hope in the end it is safe. Please take your time, do this one right, to have a great final product.. Good luck
What would you do differantly? I will down the line, build one from aluminum that is the only change I can see making.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by custm2500
How is it a road hazard? Crooked pipes( that actually aren't), a not perfect screen mount, and worn cab mounts do not effect the safety of a truck.

I really don't understand your big beef but you really have a hair up your ***. Sorry I don't have laser precision with everything I do and it isn't my fault you are an idiot and take pictures of works-in-progress as final products.

I can't tell you what to do but if you are just going to be an *** and post rediculous miss informed pictures and talk **** then stay out of my threads. You simply make your self look like an idiot and have nothing usefully to offer.
LOL, calm down. I didnt resort to calling you names did I. If you cant take some comments about pictures and projects you post, think twice before posting them.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Baltimore Whore

I would def be doing it out of aluminum.. Second is I would use http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/kit942 these, so that the shaft is free, has no chance of binding up from scoring itself.. Jus saying
Old 02-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I can take criticism, I can deal with someone not agreeing with me, but what I can't stand is someone beating a dead horse that is bassed on incorrect information. Ignorants is one thing but to be given answeres and still be ignorant really gets irritating and defines the term idiot.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I am going to use bearings. The stock TB has only one at the tps end. I will probably but a bearing at both ends.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this truck like a running joke on this site of what not to do? I know I'm new here, but everything I've seen about it is a hacked up, *** backwards abortion.

Quick Reply: A completely different kind of project.