PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

A completely different kind of project.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

If I were Justin, there's no way in hell I'd touch that truck with a 10th pole dude... You seem like the kind of guy that will build something and hack it together (like we've all seen) and then when it doesn't run right you'll be the first to point the finger at electronics or tuning... Because there's no possible way you can be wrong...
Old 02-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
If I were Justin, there's no way in hell I'd touch that truck with a 10th pole dude... You seem like the kind of guy that will build something and hack it together (like we've all seen) and then when it doesn't run right you'll be the first to point the finger at electronics or tuning... Because there's no possible way you can be wrong...
I have no clue about tuning and I certainly can be wrong. I am going to solidly stand behind my ideas untill someone can prove me wrong. No one has proven anything other then the fact they don't have an open mind and refuse to admit how simple a TB is. Event with a IAC it is still EXTREAMLY simple.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

03sieraslt
Painting the inside won't be an issue if needed but like I said the pipe has been in our shop for years, with no real signs of rust. I will certainly keep an eye on the inside bore but i really don't see it an issue.

Thanks for the custructive critisim and it is taken into consideration.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

No need to prove you wrong, sometimes its easier to just let someone find out for themselves. I Just hope no one is injured in the process. Its pretty obvious you don't care if anyone has concerns so why beat it to death. You admit you know nothing about tuning etc. but yet want to disagree with those whom do know something about it....... So I wish you the best of luck, I hope it works out for you. And please leave your front brakes on your truck.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That pipe is going to go through drastic temperature changes. This will cause condensation (that's smart people words for water drops). It's going to rust, you'll be too stupid to pay attention, your throttle will stick, you will kill someone in that hacked up abortion you call a truck. YOUR VEHICLE IS NOT SAFE, if something like that ever came into my shop it would have the plates pulled so god damn fast your head would spin.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sure as hell wouldnt paint the inside to prevent rust, if anything maybe anodize it.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Admin

Originally Posted by outlawz2004
I sure as hell wouldnt paint the inside to prevent rust, if anything maybe anodize it.
Correct, I sure as hell wouldnt paint it either. Anodize would be the way to go. Actually just gettting a real TB would be the way to go but....
Old 02-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by blackcash
That pipe is going to go through drastic temperature changes. This will cause condensation (that's smart people words for water drops). It's going to rust, you'll be too stupid to pay attention, your throttle will stick, you will kill someone in that hacked up abortion you call a truck. YOUR VEHICLE IS NOT SAFE, if something like that ever came into my shop it would have the plates pulled so god damn fast your head would spin.
Yep I will kill someone!!! You might take the cake as the most rediculous person in this thread. I would send you a cookie if it was worth my time.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Admin

Originally Posted by custm2500
03sieraslt
Painting the inside won't be an issue if needed but like I said the pipe has been in our shop for years, with no real signs of rust. I will certainly keep an eye on the inside bore but i really don't see it an issue.

Thanks for the custructive critisim and it is taken into consideration.
I highly doubt its seeing a 150 plus degree temp swing in your shop either. Also where do you live, near ocean? If so salt is in the air. Do they salt roads in winter where you live? What all is done to your engine, you must have a build engine and larger cam to make the idle even more fun. I only say this because in your thread about front brakes you were talking about trying to run a 10 sec ET....... So what is your setup?
Old 02-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

The last guy that built his on throttle body...

Quick Reply: A completely different kind of project.