PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

CTTAndy's Suburban Work Truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 06:37 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good man
Old 03-20-2011, 06:38 PM
no title here

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're an idiot if you lower that truck. Leave it as is and maybe paint the Titan wheels and only wrap the rear glass and quarter panels otherwise IMO the paint job was wasted if you do a full wrap. That 96 4wd Tahoe I've got now I love that thing and wouldn't dare lower it. I just wished it had about an additional 100hp.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skyhighsami
You're an idiot if you lower that truck. Leave it as is and maybe paint the Titan wheels and only wrap the rear glass and quarter panels otherwise IMO the paint job was wasted if you do a full wrap. That 96 4wd Tahoe I've got now I love that thing and wouldn't dare lower it. I just wished it had about an additional 100hp.
After getting it all done and together today, I am really second guessing that. It works so well together; I really wasn't sure what it would look like finished. It is a good thing I hadn't bought any tires yet. I am going to go down tomorrow and look at some tires a guy in town has. I might get them put on it. They are the same size as what is on it now.

I think I have reaffirmed my decision to keep this front end. I had been thinking about having the composite headlight front end color matched and installing it, but I just don't see doing that now.

There was never any plan to wrap the whole truck. I am just wrapping the rear side windows. There might be something on the corner of the back window, and most likely a business name and number between the tailgate and bumper.

I thought I was getting gun metal titan wheels, but when I saw them in person, they were grey. I actually like the contrast, just need to figure out something for the center caps.

As far as your tahoe, I believe whipple made a kit for it!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

The princess let me down. Tensioner pulley locked up on the interstate and snapped the belt. Made it roughly 5 miles to a safe area with no belt on it and it gave me no problems.

I think I found the problem.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good lookin burb.. And as far as the pulley goes, as they say

"You'll Have That"

Old 03-23-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think she'd look good with a 2" drop all the way around. Not bad the way it is now, but think 2" lower would look good.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by offroadrider12
I think she'd look good with a 2" drop all the way around. Not bad the way it is now, but think 2" lower would look good.
We will see once the new tires are on. I think the truck is actually lifted some. The rear leafs look thicker then others I have seen, and the torsion keys seem to smack the crossmember occasionally like they would if they were cranked.

I might stick some drop shackles in it and turn the keys back down.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

I just ordered 4 of these.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

$588
Old 03-28-2011, 12:22 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't checked your build thread in a while, looks like you've gotten a lot done! Coming along nicely I like that black burban that you posted up, real nice clean look and stance. Your burban looks real cherry, body looks totally straight in the pics
Old 03-28-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Haven't checked your build thread in a while, looks like you've gotten a lot done! Coming along nicely I like that black burban that you posted up, real nice clean look and stance. Your burban looks real cherry, body looks totally straight in the pics
Thanks!

I have these weird spots showing up in the paint, and I just figure out what it is. He didn't use a fine grit sandpaper before he painted, so there are spots that still have a rather rough texture. When a little dirt get's on these spots, it makes the paint look milky. As long as, I keep the truck clean, you don't notice it.

I can either throw a fit and make him repaint the truck and probably end up with a worse job, or I can leave it alone and use the truck as intended, to make money with.

Quick Reply: CTTAndy's Suburban Work Truck