PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

CTTAndy's Suburban Work Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After I ordered a rebuildable TBI, my buddy gave me a base. I pulled the throttle shaft from the base. I was able to get it out like I thought ground the welds out on the back and the screws came right out. After getting it ready to put back to put back together once I have the TBI rebuild kit, I decided to set the spacer and injector pod on the base and see how it looked.

I snapped these pictures of the new USED TBI sitting next to the TBI I have been working on. The injector pod looks shiny; I didn't polish it, just hand sanded the casting and smoothed it out a little.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

Nice Burb! Keep up the good work, I like it
Old 02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks, wish I had the funds to stick a LS engine in this thing, but the money just isn't obtainable right now. I am actually looking at getting another job to tied the family business through this rough time.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cttandy
Thanks, wish I had the funds to stick a LS engine in this thing, but the money just isn't obtainable right now. I am actually looking at getting another job to tied the family business through this rough time.
Best of luck bro!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks, I have someone that has been asking me to come work for them. It would actually be a drop in pay for me, but if I took the job and continued to run our business in the evenings, it would put us ahead. Decisions, decisions.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

I want to be sure I get the bad miss addressed before I spend money on anything else. I got it back together and the miss is still there. I have a new IAC so I really don't feel it is that. I drove it around, came home and checked the timing. With the electronic advance disconnected I found the timing retarded about 5 degrees and the distributor bolt was loose. I set the timing at 4 degree, then tightened it up and rechecked it. Hooked up the electronic advance and drove it. Better but still acting up. I had the air cleaner off listening to it idle and all at once the injectors started blasting fuel out for no reason. I blipped the throttle a few times, and it quit. Then after a minute, it did it again. Then the engine died, and I believe the ignition on the column took a dump. So I need to get that replaced and swap out the TPS with the other one I have. Gonna see what effect that has.

I plan on a flat base open element breather, and running a TBI to intake spacer.

Oh, I have some nice wire looms waiting to be installed as well.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

I went to the Nashville swap meet today and picked up a few things.

First was this, $1.50 and it will fix my broken IAC plug

Then I found a guy that had this air cleaner for $20, and he had a flat base he was willing to swap for the base that came with this air cleaner. The lid wouldn't fit right side up, but flipped upside down it is perfect. NO MORE TBI COLLAR. The flat base came with this little breather nipple so I was able to shorten the factory breather tube and reinstall it. How cool!!

Old 02-06-2011, 07:40 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy massive filter batman
Old 02-06-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

They say the factory breather assembly limits air flow down to 430 CFM. I don't think that will be an issue now.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:39 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would hope not

Quick Reply: CTTAndy's Suburban Work Truck