PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Droppin More Quarters Then Michael J Fox @ a Parking Meter (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K
I did go a little hard on the instagram uploads haha
I'm hoping it improves my mid to top end but we just got yet another 8" of snow so who knows when i'll get to actually test it out

No problem with that. Keeps IG interesting lol. Did you go with stage 8 bolts for the headers?
Old 12-16-2013, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve-O-08
No problem with that. Keeps IG interesting lol. Did you go with stage 8 bolts for the headers?
Yes I did. I had them on before. They definitely work cause even though I had the headers off in july a few of the tabs were "tight" meaning they had backed off a touch and locked in.place
Old 12-17-2013, 08:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like all the things you are doing

Did you get a chance to test the detroit locker in the snow and ice yet? I never noted the dates on your posts.

I would love to have a DD but we don't use salt over here (probably the same over there too) and was always worried about what would happen in -40* driving on hard packed snow/ice roads 90% of the time.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Koots
I like all the things you are doing

Did you get a chance to test the detroit locker in the snow and ice yet? I never noted the dates on your posts.

I would love to have a DD but we don't use salt over here (probably the same over there too) and was always worried about what would happen in -40* driving on hard packed snow/ice roads 90% of the time.
I just started the project thread so none of those posts are from the time of install. but I had a locker thread in the rear end section a while back.

I tossed that in last november so I had a chance to test it lots on ice and it works great, no matter which wheel is on ice they both turn, I dont have to worry about clutch packs not holding etc.
this winter though I chose not to drive the truck anymore so I got myself a beater just to get to and from where i'm going
Old 12-17-2013, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Once you invest that much money in a vehicle, it's almost a sin to drive it through a winter.

Even without the salt/ice, I worry more about other drivers and their rampant stupidity in winter driving conditions.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Koots
Once you invest that much money in a vehicle, it's almost a sin to drive it through a winter.

Even without the salt/ice, I worry more about other drivers and their rampant stupidity in winter driving conditions.
Thats my exact worries. It'll be someone else who rear ends me or t bones me. Plus where im at they put gravel down for ice and I always love that sound of 10,000 tiny rocks bouncing off your front end driving behind someone
Old 12-18-2013, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

it seems like everytime I order parts the last few times there's a big storm and it delays shipping, my push rods were supposed to be here today.
on a side note
what would you guys do about the oil? I always run royal purple but I'm not sure if I should just drain the oil, change filter and run it till my next oil change interval which is about 1500miles away, or if I should fill it with cheap oil, grab a cheap filter, run it in the bay till its at temp, then drop that oil and filter and fill with royal purple
Old 12-21-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

USPS seems to have lost my push rods
after spending about an hour total on hold I had to fill out a service enquiry and now they're putting a "trace" on the package and if/when they find it they'll expedite it to me
Old 12-27-2013, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

About time I had a real update. Push rods finally arrived and almost time to fire it
Name:  IMG_20131227_123240_zpsfagynv39.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  108.8 KB
Old 12-28-2013, 09:40 AM
formerly slow03 (11-04-2011)

Doooooo Eeeeeeeeet!

Quick Reply: Droppin More Quarters Then Michael J Fox @ a Parking Meter (pic heavy)