PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

El Bandito

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 04:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,276 Likes on 973 Posts

The following users liked this post:
dantheman1540 (12-04-2020)
Old 12-02-2020, 07:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Almost a month driving with the new setup maybe put a bit under 1000 miles on it. I am absolutely loving it awesome power just waiting on someone to pull up next to me . I do feel like I may have an vacuum leak somewhere but that may just be the air tube I have being loud as ***** and the fact I took the sound deadener foam out of the intake to look at it and never put it back. Oops

Anyone trying to choose my next project off the list I have?
Old 12-04-2020, 06:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 781 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by shakenfake
Almost a month driving with the new setup maybe put a bit under 1000 miles on it. I am absolutely loving it awesome power just waiting on someone to pull up next to me . I do feel like I may have an vacuum leak somewhere but that may just be the air tube I have being loud as ***** and the fact I took the sound deadener foam out of the intake to look at it and never put it back. Oops

Anyone trying to choose my next project off the list I have?
Wheres the list and does it have boost on it?
Old 12-04-2020, 07:41 AM
TECH Veteran

List and yes there is boost

That list is missing an update which is a sound system redo. Not completely rip all speakers out but somewhat of an overhaul of what I currently have.

I also have an idea for a project that I am not sure if it is feasible but I want to convert the 99 truck light switch into the 03-07 one and be able to turn the lights off. I know you can do it for the 00-02 but this is a whole different animal as in those trucks you can dome override whereas in this one you can’t. I have been thinking about possible ways to do this but have yet to come up with a solution. Gotta get the switch first and then try some ideas
Old 12-04-2020, 08:12 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,334 Likes on 794 Posts

I also have an idea for a project that I am not sure if it is feasible but I want to convert the 99 truck light switch into the 03-07 one and be able to turn the lights off. I know you can do it for the 00-02 but this is a whole different animal as in those trucks you can dome override whereas in this one you can’t. I have been thinking about possible ways to do this but have yet to come up with a solution. Gotta get the switch first and then try some ideas
This is the procedure I used to disable those pesky auto lights on my 2000 GMC.

FOR '99-'02 TRUCKS ONLY w/o AUTO CLIMATE CONTROLS

Basically you will need a pair of wire cutters and a 1.5K ohm 1/2 watt resistor that you can get at Radio Shack. Electrical tape and possibly some wire nuts will work to wire in the resistor. You can solder the wires if you wish.

You may want to remove the neg. battery cable to assure you don't do any unwanted damage to the electrical system. This is not necessary, but a good precaution to take.

First locate the Body Control Module (BCM) which is under the dash, below the steering column. Laying on the floor, this should be visible without removing any dash panels. You should find a purple connector (C3). Unplug it.

Locate the white and gray wires (A4 and A6). I don't remember if white is A4 and gray is A6 or vice versa. It doesn't matter anyway.

Clip these two wires that are coming off this plug (C3). Leave a few inches to work with. Tape up or place wire nuts over the other end of these wires that go up under the dash(they go to the light sensor). You have now removed the light sensor from the electrical system and is now just a dash ornament.

Connect the gray wire from the plug (C3) to one end of the resistor and the white wire to the other end. Make sure you tape up all wires to prevent a short. You should now have a gray wire coming from C3, going to one lead of the resistor and the white wire from C3 to the other resistor lead. Plug in C3 to the BCM and replace the neg. battery cable if you removed it. Start the truck and make sure the lights are off. Throw a dark towel or something over the light sensor on the dash and verify the lights stay off. Try your light switch that has probably never been used and that's it!

Old 12-05-2020, 12:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah that is the common way to go. Personally I like the auto lights as I feel like I would definitely forget to turn them on for a minute and feel like I’m missing something. I want that factory switch with the off position and the auto and have both of them work at the same time. I know that it is programmed into the bcm but my basic idea is that in the 03-07 switch there are some that have LED selection lights which tell you what you have selected. If I can wire something from that to something that would maybe turn them off when the off selection light turns on? I’m not sure this is possible though. Would be cool as hell though
Old 12-05-2020, 11:05 AM
100% Redneck

Personally I like the auto lights as I feel like I would definitely forget to turn them on for a minute and feel like I’m missing something.
You kids today

If you were to go "back to the future" lets say 1973, the year I got my drivers license y'alled be lost... literally speaking. No GPS just these huge road maps you'd buy at a filling station, a gas station to those of you under 50. To tune your car you'd have to set the ignition points by a dwell meter or feeler gauge in a pinch a match book cover would suffice. We'd have to lean across the seat to unlock the passenger door and manually roll down the windows... and at night we'd

PULL THE DADGUM HEADLIGHT SWITCH TO SEE OUR WAY TO THE GOSH DARNED FILLIN' STATION

Also we didn't have cup holders . When driving a 4 speed hotrod you'd have to turn your open beer can 180 degrees before placing it between your legs. If you forgot... every time you'd shift a gear you'd get a cold refreshing... "dam it looks like I pissed my pants"

The following 3 users liked this post by RedXray:
shootermwc (12-07-2020), tjmath (12-05-2020), zz454Chevelle67 (12-07-2020)
Old 12-05-2020, 11:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Not so much in the dark that I’d forget just in that 30 minutes before and after light that I would never remember that

I also know how to read a roadmap thank you sir! Hahaha
Old 12-05-2020, 12:22 PM
100% Redneck

I also know how to read a roadmap thank you sir! Hahaha
how... on your mobile device
Old 12-05-2020, 12:27 PM
TECH Veteran

The following users liked this post:
RedXray (12-07-2020)