PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

El Bandito

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2021, 09:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,099 Posts

There is a lot more to remove on a 6dr Tahoe than a pickup. And more jams to do. And a lot more to mask

But if you aren't stripping the paint, and they have to do that: new generation stripper is garbage

So "back in the day" I saved my shop a lot of work, but they still had a lot to do. Your shop has less to prep and mask, but more work to do stripping

comes out in the wash. If you love the truck you'll do it. If you don't, you won't

only you can make that choice. And prevent forest fires
Old 08-29-2021, 09:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,276 Likes on 973 Posts

Yeah modern day paint stripper sucks so much ********. Just thinking about it. I love the truck too much to look at the nasty paint it has on it now lol
The following users liked this post:
arthursc2 (08-30-2021)
Old 08-30-2021, 07:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 781 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
There is a lot more to remove on a 6dr Tahoe than a pickup. And more jams to do. And a lot more to mask

But if you aren't stripping the paint, and they have to do that: new generation stripper is garbage

So "back in the day" I saved my shop a lot of work, but they still had a lot to do. Your shop has less to prep and mask, but more work to do stripping

comes out in the wash. If you love the truck you'll do it. If you don't, you won't

only you can make that choice. And prevent forest fires
Technically yours is a 7 door Thoe right? Gotta count the fuel filler door
The following 2 users liked this post by dantheman1540:
arthursc2 (08-30-2021), tjmath (08-31-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 08:49 AM
TECH Veteran

This thing needs more low....

I like the wheels though they came out pretty sick in my opinion. Need to get a shot or two in the sun though so you can see that too
The following 2 users liked this post by shakenfake:
dantheman1540 (09-07-2021), wretched73 (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

That looks really good, pretty much perfect IMO. At that height with some quality parts, shock relocation, and a good tire it could easily ride better than it ever did from the factory and look good doing it.

Now I looked back 10 pages or so and tried to find what size tire you have on those declads but was unsuccessful, what size are they?
Old 09-07-2021, 09:48 AM
TECH Veteran

265/50 they are a tad taller than stock, quarter of an inch I believe and they ride phenomenally. I do plan on getting the shock relocation and some coilovers up front I just have a couple of things to take care of inside the truck before I get back in the parts buying game. For me I would like to see it lower. 2/4 or 3/5 whatever happens lol
Like I said before I think my springs up front are sagging an inch so I am a bit nervous buying coilovers and spindles since without the springs and having coilovers the front end may raise up an inch. One day I'll buy, just say screw it add to cart

Yeah I am extremely happy with how they came out. They look awesome.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:56 AM
TECH Junkie

I figured that already was a 2/4 by the looks of it, but black paint makes it harder to identify the wheel gap. I have a super nice set of 255/50/20 Michelins I'm thinking about putting on my ltz20s but was afraid it might look too skinny or stretched, after seeing these I think it will look just fine.

The coil-overs give you plenty of room for adjustment, I could probably jack mine up to nearly stock or easily go down another inch or two.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:00 AM
TECH Veteran

No sir I am on just a 2" shackle drop like a plebian

I talked with Atomic about it a while ago but I wasn't ready to pick up anything just yet. I think I need to just buy the coilovers, see what happens and then decide where to go from there.

Do the shocks need to be exact? Say if I bought the shock for a 18" center of wheel to fender and then I went down to a 15" or 16" center of wheel to fender will I be forced to buy new shocks or is that livable?
Old 09-07-2021, 10:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Fender measurement changes are drastically different than shock length changes. For example 3" of fender height change may only be 1" difference in shock length, therefore you could easily change ride height a good bit and not need different shocks. You can also change the upper mounting type to add or remove length to the overall shock package if need be. IIRC his normal kit is good for stock to 2-3" drop and can go even lower with a drop spindle.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah him and I talked about it and he said he had some sort of hybrid shock that is a 2" drop. My only thing about that is if I wanted more drop/wanted stock height again I feel a little constricted in terms of parts buying. I don't wanna look like a tard and bring up something we already talked about again lol Edit: Reading back the product description it seems like you can do an inch drop with coilovers. This is perfect and now I am sure they will work with the spindle the way I want them to work. Just need to start acquiring parts now

10-4 on the fender changes, that makes me feel much better lol not so worried about my shocks anymore

Parts list for the drop is this by the way:
Spindles https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mmc-33002
C-Notch https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mmc-33007
Flip Kit and Lift Hanger https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mmc-93047
Shock Relocation https://atomicfabandperformance.com/...ear-shock-kit/
Coilovers https://atomicfabandperformance.com/...lover-package/

Also will need to buy a stock shackle. Aiming for a 2/5 as that makes the truck completely level. If the coilover brings me up an inch then 2/4 is fine but I may prefer the look of the 3/5 better lol we'll see

Quick Reply: El Bandito