PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

FINSIHED Center console( w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up FINSIHED Center console( w/pics)

To start out, this was a little more time consuming then I figured.. You basically have to take the whole interior out.. So with that said here is the finished part.. It took me a bit longer, because I had to rerun all my wires, lines that I had in my A pillar, to the new area the gauges went.. Being as picky as I am it all was put back in neat, the way it should be. That was the longest part, getting the old wiring to the new place, had to make a few new wires up, what not.. Just some pics through out it all.. Def a well worth mod. Changes the whole feel of the truck...

First thread from the start
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=476715

Ruff cut of the Di Noc from 3m.

After I stuck it on the plate..

Seat coming out.. I was rather surprised that it was this clean under it, for being a almost 8 y/o truck..

All the bolts for the pass seat need to come loose, the inside has to be removed.. I opt for the Cr56 can to hold the seat up enough to get the new console in.. I also had to take the nitrous out, because it would not clear the new console..

New console almost in.. Just fig I would snap a pic at the way I ran the wires, tied them all in together nice and neat..

So once the console was in, it was time to cut the lower dash piece. I was going to buy one made for the console, but fig screw it all I can do is mess it up, then buy one, so gave it a shot..

This was the first of a few cuts, before I got it the way I liked it.. remember Duct tape is your friend

Couple shots after I put it back it.. I made it pretty tight up against the console, but the fit is great imo.. looks really nice... 1 thing I would change if I had realized it before I cut the dash, that the top that rolls into the side of the console goes up to the dash trim ring bezel.. If I would have caught it I would have contoured that cut so that it goes along the top of the console and under the bezel instead of just going strait up.. Would have looked a tiny bit cleaner, but it is hardly noticeable the way it is. I am just a picky ***

Just some finished shots.. I left out some pics, but you get the idea.. I have prob 15-20 hours in making the plate, covering it, mounting the gauges and installing it.. But well worth it.. The angles are from auto meter, cost me 11 buks from my hot rod shop...

Once the new denali burlwood accents come for this console, that will seal the deal...

Last edited by Mangled03gmc; 02-04-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turned out great!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

Very nice craftsmanship
Old 02-04-2011, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S-E-X-Y...

Honestly, I believe that came out better than I ever dreamed it could of. It looks like the factory put them there.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good John, now we can finally quit hearing you bitch about center consoles
Old 02-04-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

So now... about that A-pillar....
Old 02-04-2011, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

can I have sex with it?
Old 02-04-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy
can I have sex with it?

I literally lol'd
Old 02-04-2011, 05:04 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That looks sweet. Perfect place for the gauges.

Kick *** job!

Where do you buy the 3m stuff?
Old 02-04-2011, 05:06 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Took you long enough dang (jfwy), but hey I must say that's a very nice end result!

Quick Reply: FINSIHED Center console( w/pics)