PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Forged 370 coming together.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a Driveshaft yet???
Old 08-15-2007, 11:37 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Got a Driveshaft yet???
In the process of ironing out some of the other shops BS (broken oil pan) and working toward getting it running good. I think gears and a EATON posi are next, then we will work on the DS. I do not think his DS was hitting under accel.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:40 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How the heck do you break an oil pan lol
Old 08-15-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker

when a rod breaks and goes bouncing off your block and into the pan.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:44 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
I think it was broken when the motor was installed (not by us )
Old 08-15-2007, 08:00 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I think it was broken when the motor was installed (not by us )
Yeah and the kicker is when I picked up my truck yesterday they tried to charge me for the new oil pan, apparently it's a new policy when they break something during install it's now up to me to replace it and pay labor!
Worked itself out ok in the end...can't thank that WCCH guy enough (he took care of the problem)...if I was a slutty ***** I'd ask him to have my baby!

Wait, I am a slutty *****.....nahhhh Sorry Richard but your not my type!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:15 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by Holty
Any updates spoolin'? how is the motor running? get it to dyno or track tiems?
Yup, like brian said, got it back yesterday from another shop where they managed to fix 1 of 4 problems! (A/C compressor won't kick it...ever(tune or wiring problem), meth injection still isn't working, and a small exhaust leak).
But other than that it's running good so far, been keeping it out of boost, looking into getting either a 2-bar or 3-bar so that I can boost it up to 20 lbs. I'm running out of MAF at about 4 psi right now. I still have plenty of passing power at 0psi which is pretty cool. 6.0L rock...

To do list looks like this
- Gears and rear-end.
- Fabricator a new crossmember to mount a carrier bearing for a 2piece DS
- Replace MAF with something better.
- And boost the hell out of it until she breaks.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good, things are comming toegether. Throw the MAF away and buy a 3bar!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:24 PM
GFYS and STFU

LOL, I walked in on Richard yesterday when you were on the phone with him, I didn't know it was you or I woulda said Hi! Richards having too much fun at his old age I tell you...I mean young age...Woops!!
Old 08-23-2007, 12:05 AM
GFYS and STFU

I'm getting soooo tired of this stupid truck...
I'm gonna part out my engine, turbo and tranny soon if this keeps up. But more on that later.

First the good news:
Got the 4.10's and the eaton in today. I think the truck feels much better. It's hard to compare with the previous gears, reason being I never went WOT or even 1/2 throttle since the engine swap. I always kept things out of boost and at 1/4 throttle waiting to get all the bugs worked out and properly tuned. So I never really got a feel for the old 3.23's since I always babied it and the converter was always unlocked. Driving it home today it did feel alot snappier at 1/4 throttle but how much I really can't tell. But it feels alot funner so that's good!

So the bad/pisses me off news:
I was changing my gear set-up with HPtuners and asked my tuner to stop by and he helped me look things over and we ran into a couple things in the engine codes. So far this is what's been found to be wrong by shop that did swap...no clue on what hasn't been found yet.

1. Alternator is not wired up properly (engine codes)
2. Meth injection is not wired up properly (not working)
3. A/C compressor is not wired up properly (not working)
4. A/C system got pinched and has leaks now and can't hold a charge. (not working)
5. MAF sensor was wired up incorrectly, also found the red wire (12volt??) was loose and MAF kicked in and out at certain times. YEAH I FELT IT. (engine codes)
6. Evap leak code detected...fuel system wasn't set up properly and certain parts re-installed improperly. It's causing a BAD BAD smell of fuel/fumes, and a couple of my friend have had headaches. (engine codes)
7. exhaust leaks found
8. TRANNY NOT WIRED UP PROPERLY (taken care of at JPA)
8. Wide Band not wired up at all (taken care of)
9. Cracked oil pan (taken care of)
10. COIL PACKS WIRED UP INCORRECTLY (taken care of)
11. Train horns were not wired up properly or mounted well. (taken care of at Relaxed Customs)
12. Engine bay looks like a head of Nappy hair. Loose wires, Knotted wires , wires with no insulation lying on hot parts, etc...

There's more but I'm sure you get the point and remembering them all will just make my head hurt more.

Thing is...take all that stuff out of the equation and the truck doesn't run as strong as it should. Take the turbo out of the equation it's a fully built 6L with H/C and by itself it should put more to the wheels than 340 rwhp which is what I got when I dyno'd it at 3lbs of boost at which point she ran out of MAF.

Things I know that are not wrong with the set-up...
1. Engine. Rex is a sicko perfectionist and goes nuts when something feels wrong. I have a feeling that the engine was dropped or got slammed into the truck during install not just because of the cracked oil pan but the Harmonic balancer was bent pretty far out of whack during first start up...rex went ballistic when he saw that. Another reason I have faith in his work and profesionalism and if he felt something wasn't right with it he'd pull it back out himself.
2. Engine combo and specs. If a engine was eatible I think Richard would eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner. Excellent customer service and honestly his rep speaks for itself really. And he's such a great guy to work with too.
3. Tranny...FLT...enough said.
4. STS turbo. Worked great with my 5.3L and loved every aspect of it.
5. Tune. Tuner is a reputable FI GM tuner and spark and fuel look good.

Based on the list of problems above I feel there's something else I haven't found yet that is the culprit of the loss of power. If I can't figure this out I will just throw my 5.3L and 60E back in and see if I can't put the 6L engine and tranny combo in something fun and SIMPLER and sell the turbo, or sell all of it.

I'm done ranting now!
Peace

Quick Reply: Forged 370 coming together.