PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Forged 370 coming together.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so your coming to carlsbad??
Old 08-23-2007, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn julien that friggin sucks...

-Rob
Old 08-23-2007, 01:21 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

tackle one issue at a time and sooner or later you will have them licked. Hot Rodding can be very frustrating but the good news is it's all fixable
Old 08-23-2007, 02:43 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
tackle one issue at a time and sooner or later you will have them licked. Hot Rodding can be very frustrating but the good news is it's all fixable
Yeah, I just wish I had the gargae and tools to do it myself. I'd probably be as meticulous as you when if I were to do it myself. I'm just tired of having to throw out more money for something that should of been done right the first time.
I'll know on friday if I'm gonna make the trek down to SD.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Spoolin I haven't been on the forum in a while and hate to here about the problems your haveing! Hope it all irons out soon!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Have you talked to original shop about all their screw ups? Im sure you have just interested what excuse they made for their **** poor work. Hang in there man it will all be worth it in the end, atleast thats what I keep telling myself
Old 08-24-2007, 03:03 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by cyazo6
Spoolin I haven't been on the forum in a while and hate to here about the problems your haveing! Hope it all irons out soon!
Hey Fred...did you ever do anything with your drive shaft? You have a one piece Aluminum one right? You ever have any problems with it or you still running the stock ones? And yeah, thanks bro, I wish it would of gone as simple and easy as yours went but I'm sure when I chill out a little I'll get back on track. I'm buying another car on monday so at least I won't have to get in my truck every day and get upset...
Old 08-24-2007, 03:33 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Have you talked to original shop about all their screw ups? Im sure you have just interested what excuse they made for their **** poor work. Hang in there man it will all be worth it in the end, atleast thats what I keep telling myself
Thanks Cody,
Yeah I've been back to them a few times and they really don't care. Well that's not fair to say. They are good guys but they primarily work on classic cars and dragsters which is where their expertise lies. They were way over their heads with this and I wasn't wise enough to recognize it and they weren't honest with me from the begining about alot of things. (Not gonna go into detail because it would just be whinning)
Basically anytime I go back to them they aren't happy to see my truck, amd fact is they just wish I would go away and I pretty much feel the same way.
On top of which they want to charge me with parts and labor for fixing what they never completed, which I'm not ok with and if I'm gonna pay for it it's gonna be JPA fixing it.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man that sucks, but dont give up hope, it will be all worth it in the end, your truck is gonna be badass.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Why didn't you just have JPA just do the engine install? Couldn't Richard do it too?

IMO the less shops you take it to the better. Especially shops where you don't have a personal relationship with the owner. I think you'd be better off aquiring tools and learning how to do it yourself. You seem like you have a great mechanical understanding of things too. Remember, nobody cares as much about your truck as you do.

Quick Reply: Forged 370 coming together.