PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Forged 370 coming together.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:32 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Why didn't you just have JPA just do the engine install? Couldn't Richard do it too?

IMO the less shops you take it to the better. Especially shops where you don't have a personal relationship with the owner. I think you'd be better off aquiring tools and learning how to do it yourself. You seem like you have a great mechanical understanding of things too. Remember, nobody cares as much about your truck as you do.
I wish Richard could do it but he doesn't have the shop for it or the time! Watching him work makes me tired sometimes...
And I had already started working with the other shop before I met Brian@JPA even though I was tempted to tow my truck to him on several occasions...live and learn I guess.
When I get a place with more space I'll invest in some tools and even a lift
I am a marine engineer so you'd think I could at least figure some things out right? Lol
Old 08-24-2007, 12:51 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would like to add a bit to this topic. I am not saying one shop is better than the other, but the ONE thing I preach is KEEP YOUR COMBINATION SIMPLE. When you start adding TONS of modifications all at once it is harder to diagnose issues and work through problems. I am not saying that the "package" that you have is good or bad, I am saying if you had dropped your truck off here I would have instructed you to do things differently. I preach this over and over again, and I know Spookin has heard me.

If anyone can learn anything from this thread it is keep things simple.........one or two mods at a time. There are a few projects going on here that could benefit from this advice.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I would like to add a bit to this topic. I am not saying one shop is better than the other, but the ONE thing I preach is KEEP YOUR COMBINATION SIMPLE. When you start adding TONS of modifications all at once it is harder to diagnose issues and work through problems. I am not saying that the "package" that you have is good or bad, I am saying if you had dropped your truck off here I would have instructed you to do things differently. I preach this over and over again, and I know Spookin has heard me.

If anyone can learn anything from this thread it is keep things simple.........one or two mods at a time. There are a few projects going on here that could benefit from this advice.
Hey Brian, I could not agree with you more. When I did wrenching, I had combos that were proven performance and reliabilty. So i guess you are going to fix some of his problems?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:47 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by jetmann
...So i guess you are going to fix some of his problems?
Found out I might be going to china next week and will be gone for a month. I'm am going up north this weekend for some work and spoke with Rick@Synergy and he's gonna take my truck while I'm in China. I'll get into more detail as to what's gonna happen later and as I know more.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:49 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by BlownChevy

Good advice that came a little too late in the build for me but worth noting nevertheless.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to read about all your troubles, however as stated, it will definitely be worth it in the end. Good luck Spoolin, stay safe in China.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yo Julien u said u'll be gone for about a month right??? does this mean ur not gonna be around for the next g2g in september???

-Rob
Old 08-26-2007, 05:59 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by blkssncpt
Yo Julien u said u'll be gone for about a month right??? does this mean ur not gonna be around for the next g2g in september???

-Rob
I'm gonna find out tomorrow wether or not I'm shipping out. I'll post up if I'm heading out.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:11 PM
GFYS and STFU

Just flew back from Synergy where I dropped my truck off this morning...
Want to thank 2004Denali and Trever1t who drove out and met me at the shop where I got to over Bill's truck and got a sneak peak at the monster Mark is building!
I think the truck is in good hands with Rick. I saw that sick twin turbo truck he just built...holy crap! But I think Rick will be able to help me out with my issues. There might be a change in plans but not sure if it will be feasible yet. But more on that at a later.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Veteran

You'll be in good hands. I'd be more worried about catching something from all that Chinese poontang.

Quick Reply: Forged 370 coming together.