PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Forged 370 coming together.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 02:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn... sorry to hear about that bro... well julien i will chat at ya tomorrow... just wanted to welcome ya back and i hope you had a bitchen trip.. but i gotta get home... i just went to my fiance's parents house to use their computer as mine is not sure if its gonna survive or not...

sorry i cant stick around and talk...if you are on tomorrow while im at work ill catch up with ya....

i believe i gave you my number so feel free to call.... if i didnt drop me a pm and ill shoot it to you asap cant wait to see how the truck comes out
Old 10-24-2007, 03:12 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey bud, welcome home.....I think Rick said your tranny and converter are probably ok and it is the electronics that need attention. You got good parts but bad installation.
No worries, it'll get worked out.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:16 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
Hey bud, welcome home.....I think Rick said your tranny and converter are probably ok and it is the electronics that need attention. You got good parts but bad installation.
No worries, it'll get worked out.
10-4 Bill, that's what I'm hoping for but good parts are only good when installed right. I'm thinking with the amount driving I did that tranny might of gotten a little hot with the converter being unlocked all the time. Not a tranny guru but doesn't sound too healthy for it.
Thanks for the welcome home, had a great time and did some fun things! Was hoping to be in SF tonight picking up my truck but I guess it's gonna have to wait a bit. Thanks for keeping an eye on it for me Bill!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Junkie

So right now no matter what I do it wont lock up. Bad thing. So we are working with FLT on simple manual ways to try and lock it up on the street to figure out if its mechanical or in the box. Let you know soon.

RIck
Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
GFYS and STFU

Well, at least it's news. If you end up having to pull the tranny I have a Yank 2600 converter that I want to swap in there instead of the 3000 that there now. I bought the Yank from FLT anyways so I'm sure it's good and the 3000 feels a little high for me. Let me know if it comes to pulling the tranny and I'll send you the converter.
Oh and thanks for the update.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
GFYS and STFU

I thought you'd be at SEMA this week. I'm going wednesday and thursday, probably be sporting a Synergy shirt! I figure if I get you some business you'll give me a discount AND hook me up with Natalia!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:06 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess you should hope for the converter having issues at this point. A converter swap is piece of cake and then on the dyno you can go.

You're going to SEMA? damn you have all the fun you noregularscheduleinnoutburgereatingmofo!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

I will be linking up with Julien in Vegas for a little partying
Mark
Old 10-30-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

You're going to SEMA? damn you have all the fun you noregularscheduleinnoutburgereatingmofo!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:21 AM
GFYS and STFU

I guess you should hope for the converter having issues at this point. A converter swap is piece of cake and then on the dyno you can go.

I guess that would be a good reason to be hoping that converter's bad.
Now that I think about it the place where I bought that converter has a bad rap so I'm wondering if I bought it already F'ed up. Would be my luck.
How likely would it be that I'd be able to get my money back? What would I need to prove that it's a bad converter?

Quick Reply: Forged 370 coming together.