PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Forged 370 coming together.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Lol, don't worry I don't take thing personal...sniff sniff! You're so mean!
Lol
Actually the only engine I ever took apart and built was a two cylinder engine back in college, it was a lab engine to be dismantled and reassembled by all the students. So I know the parts and how they work I just don't have any experience which counts for way more.
I'm down for your tutelage! When I get my new place I'll set the garage up as a work shop and you can teach me the right tolerances, etc...
Stroked 5.3 is how many cc's? A stroked 5.7 is a 383 right?
THE STROKER 5.7 IS MOST POPULAR AS A 383... BUT YOU CAN GO FURTHER WITH MACHINING AND CLEARANCING OF THE BLOCK...

BUT BEST BET IS TO GO WITH A STROKER "KIT" WHICH HAS NORMALLY THE FULL ROTATING ASSEMBLY (CRANK, RODS, PISTONS, ETC.)
Old 11-06-2007, 02:22 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So I figure I would update this thread so here's the latest...

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy
Julien, ok we found that the convertor fianlly locks now. Looks like there is a problem with some valves in the tranny. It was stuck and now locks up. The other issue with the tranny is that there is no 4th gear as well. Chuck at FLT is sending me some valves to try and hopefully this will fix the crap from causing this.

Rick
Rick was having problems with the converter not locking so Chuck and him figured out a way to lock it manually but in the process found out the above.

I know nothing of how trannies work but I was worried that the bad install job could of hurt the tranny and it appears that I was right. We all know how well Chuck and Vince built and TEST their trannies so it's safe to say those valves and 4th gear burned up in otherways. Shannon said that more than likely
Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
MOST OF THE TIME JUNK IN THE FLUID FROM IT BEING BURNED, OR A BAD WIRING JOB CAN MESS THEM UP...

PROBABLY THE OLD JOB WHEN THEY WERE DOING THE HARNESS PROBABLY SHORTED A CIRCUIT, AND THRU A CHAIN REACTION TORE UP A VALVE OR VALVES
So...on goes the drama!!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:46 AM
Blown 427 LSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we seriously need to go and "talk" to the shop that did your engine and trans install... who referred them to you anyways???? WCCH???

it is not even my truck and I am PISSED... F*CKERS

Old 11-06-2007, 02:48 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We were discussing that earlier. Pisses me off too but probably no good would come o it.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:54 AM
GFYS and STFU

Karma guys Karma!! I'm the one that's out $6000 for the install at the original shop + whatever it's costing at Rick's to fix it and I'm the happiest one here! lol
Well happy is an exaggeration but...
I just hope that the tranny isn't in too bad of shape. I'm glad I went with FLT though, I can't imagine having to deal with anyone else.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Definately!
Old 11-06-2007, 05:50 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I just hope that the tranny isn't in too bad of shape. I'm glad I went with FLT though, I can't imagine having to deal with anyone else.
You got that right. They took care of me too after a bad install (the shop reversed the one way check valve, so the first time I went to boost, I started burning up the trans).
Old 11-06-2007, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Julien...I so know how u feel!!! I elected to go with the original builder/installer as they are going to warranty the work, but I'm no less nervous! They are slow, and I'm no more patient...at least this time I'm all over the work!
KARMA is definately the key!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:33 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

after reading this, if my engine or tranny get messed up I'm definetly going to give my installer a ration of **** and make sure he re-installs and fixes everything on his dime!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:57 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by moregrip
after reading this, if my engine or tranny get messed up I'm definetly going to give my installer a ration of **** and make sure he re-installs and fixes everything on his dime!
that's a good philosophy but seeing as you didn't pay yourself you shouldn't be expecting much in the way of warranty so...don't be too hard on yourself!

Quick Reply: Forged 370 coming together.