PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Forged 370 coming together.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn Julien it sucks to see everything that has been happening with the truck, i remember the first couple of times i talked to u we were tryin to meet up and ur truck was still at LAPD get tuned and now to have it in the state it is now that sucks. but hey look at it this way it's in the best heads now and ur right about KARMA it will catch-up to that original shop eventually.

on the other hand im with Big Dave on this one i say we get together and pay that shop a lil visit... and ya know maybe talk to them about the situation.... eh just a thought

-Rob
Old 11-15-2007, 11:23 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So I figure I'd give a little update. Chuck from FLT sent Rick some solenoids and valves for the tranny in hopes of getting the converter to lock up and finding the missing 4th gear. And Rick found/suspects that the tach is reading incorrectly, meaning...
Somehow the computer and tachometer is reading 6K but she's actually somewhere around 3500-4000 rpm's, which if that were the case it would explain why my pistons were carbon coated from the rich condition she would of been running in.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

i guess any progress is good progress...

-Rob
Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 AM
GFYS and STFU

From another thread...
Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
WELL THE TACH SIGNAL IS NORMALLY FROM THE CAM/CRANK SENSORS.. AND IS BASED ON HOW THE PCM READS THEM... SO 1 WRONG SETTING IN THE TUNE COULD CAUSE IT TO NOT READ THE CORRECT SHAFT SPEED...

NOT TO MENTION WHAT RELUCTOR WHEEL ARE YOU RUNNING?
Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Maybe it is in the tune? Check out the pic below......
IF YOU LOOK AT BLACKGMC'S PIC ITS SIMILAR TO WHAT I AM SAYING... IF THEY SCREWED UP A SENSOR IT COULD BE MIS READING... OR IF THEY TUNED THE WRONG AMOUNT OF PULSES PER REVOLUTION THEN IT WILL READ WRONG...

THE RELUCTOR WHEEL IS ON THE CRANKSHAFT THAT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS NOTCHES IN IT AND IS WHAT THE CRANK SENSOR READS TO FIND CRANK POSITION, AND CRANK ROTATION SPEED...
YES IT WOULD... THE ENGINE WOULD BE SPINNING AT 6K BUT BE GIVING ENOUGH FUEL TO RUN 3K OR WHATEVER IT WAS READING AS RPM.... SO COULD BE EXCESSIVELY LEAN/RICH DEPENDING ON WHICH WAY IT FAULTED
Originally Posted by Spoolin
So I'm assuming if it's dumping extra fuel then all that build up would look like this right?

Keep in mind that these are after they had been cleaned they used to be completely coated with crap...

Yeah It Would Gunk It Up If You Were Dumping Excess Fuel In... Anotherwards You Were Reading 6k But The Engine Was Only Spinning 4k... Is That What Was Happening??

Then It Would Shoot Fuel Like It Was Spinning 6k... So It Wouldnt Burn It All.
DUDE JUST BE HAPPY IT DIDNT WASH DOWN THE CYLINDER WALLS AND WASH YOUR RINGS OUT
THAT COULDA TORE YOUR WHOLE MOTOR UP..
Old 11-28-2007, 05:39 PM
GFYS and STFU

Small update...
Tranny got pulled and shipped out to FLT. Apparently...hmmmm, well I don't really know how to explain it but it was installed improperly which messed up all the gears.
No idea on a time line but Chuck at FLT said he was gonna get on it and test it ASAP.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:43 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your all set then. FLT will make it new and then it's just plop that sucker back up in there and on the dyno you go!
Old 11-28-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Small update...
Tranny got pulled and shipped out to FLT. Apparently...hmmmm, well I don't really know how to explain it but it was installed improperly which messed up all the gears.
No idea on a time line but Chuck at FLT said he was gonna get on it and test it ASAP.
damn thats sucks, ALL THE GEARS??? DAMN!!!
im tellin u Julien just give the word and we can "pay that first shop a VISIT"....

but atleast ur starting to get progress again...

-Rob
Old 11-28-2007, 05:50 PM
GFYS and STFU

LOL, thanks Rob! I'll take your advice into consideration but there's better ways than being a thug...although my aggravation has led me to think it. I talked with a friend today and I'm gonna be fair with them once I get things straight with the truck, give them a chance to make things right.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, thanks Rob! I'll take your advice into consideration but there's better ways than being a thug...although my aggravation has led me to think it. I talked with a friend today and I'm gonna be fair with them once I get things straight with the truck, give them a chance to make things right.
well thats cool glad to hear that their coming forward and atleast trying fix wat they caused....

-Rob
Old 11-28-2007, 08:33 PM
GFYS and STFU

Oh no, sorry not clarifying...the shop that fucked everthing up is not ever touching my truck again. But right now I'm more concerned with getting the truck finished and then confront the other shop. They aren't gonna fix anything they caused.

Quick Reply: Forged 370 coming together.