PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Forged 370 coming together.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts

Damn, Spoolin. I had no idea that you have been going through the **** storm of the century. What a bunch of morons to cause all of this. I am truly sorry for all of your misfortune. You have always been helpfull to me when I had questions. I would definitely get legal advice and document everything with affidavits from Rick's and FLT and others. You probably have plenty of pictures before and after. You should be able to negotiate a settlement if handled properly. Good luck on the road back from all of this BS. I think you are in great hands now my friend.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Ted. Yeah it's been really disappointing but the worst part is I've lost ALL enthusiasm for my truck. It was bulletproof before I tore it apart and now I have that phrase "If it ain't broke don't fix it" running around in my head all the time.
I will have Rick and Chuck write down exactly what they found wrong and how it affected everything else. I'll present it to the shop in person and ask them to take responsibility and if they won't I'll look into other possible venues.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:12 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
It was bulletproof before I tore it apart and now I have that phrase "If it ain't broke don't fix it" running around in my head all the time.
I like to call it "suffering from improvement"

and we ALL suffer from it one time or another.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn julien... im ready to come visit you, and me you and dave and bill and brian and rob can all go visit the other shop
Old 11-29-2007, 02:13 AM
GFYS and STFU

LOL, well that would be something to see!!
I bet they would be quick to settle the dispute. Honestly I don't wanna take this any further than I would have to, but that's not here nor there so I'll deal with it once everything gets figured out on the other end of things.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've learned its just part of the industry...There's more than enuf bags of hammers out there to make the whole industry look like a **** show!
On the positive side, thats why I'm encouraging my son to get into it...u don't even have to be that good - just honest about what u are good at and ur ahead of most everyone else...there's a serious shortage of tradesmen out there these days and the good ones make some nice jack! R/
Old 11-29-2007, 11:44 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by dhpro
I've learned its just part of the industry...There's more than enuf bags of hammers out there to make the whole industry look like a **** show!
On the positive side, thats why I'm encouraging my son to get into it...u don't even have to be that good - just honest about what u are good at and ur ahead of most everyone else...there's a serious shortage of tradesmen out there these days and the good ones make some nice jack! R/
Wow, you couldn't of said it better man!! That's exactly what I ran into. They weren't bad people just dishonest about their abilities and level of expertise. I think we've all been in a situation where we were a bit over our heads but some of us look for help to get the job done right and others just kinda say OH **** and hack something up and hope it works. If their's any good to come out of this it's shown me that I can easily do anything that I've paid to get done up to this point. However troubleshooting like Rick is doing right now is a little beyond me at this point.

I'm starting another project and I'm doing it all myself after seeing what payed people actually accomplish!
Old 11-29-2007, 11:53 AM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, you couldn't of said it better man!! That's exactly what I ran into. They weren't bad people just dishonest about their abilities and level of expertise. I think we've all been in a situation where we were a bit over our heads but some of us look for help to get the job done right and others just kinda say OH **** and hack something up and hope it works. If their's any good to come out of this it's shown me that I can easily do anything that I've paid to get done up to this point. However troubleshooting like Rick is doing right now is a little beyond me at this point.

I'm starting another project and I'm doing it all myself after seeing what payed people actually accomplish!
What kind of project?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:08 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by j's01silverado
What kind of project?

Bought a 240sx and gonna drop my truck engine in it.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought a 240sx and gonna drop my truck engine in it.
If my truck isn't workin by spring, I'll be tearing into the TBSS! This thing feels like it cud really rip with a turbo or MP122 strapped on...I might just start with a head/cam package tho. R/

Quick Reply: Forged 370 coming together.