PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Forged 370 coming together.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:23 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy
Make sure your wideband is after the turbo and not before it. Also, since you have the meth actually praying now, it will add a lot more fuel. Something I should help you lean out.

Rick
Wideband is 3" after the turbo at 3 o'clock
Old 08-01-2008, 08:00 PM
GFYS and STFU

Here's a comparo of the before and after. New is in bold, looks like the engine isn't fighting so hard to make the power, isn't fighting itself with that excessive crankcase pressure.

Still too peaky. The new housing should really help, I hope.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Here's a comparo of the before and after. New is in bold, looks like the engine isn't fighting so hard to make the power, isn't fighting itself with that excessive crankcase pressure.

Still too peaky. The new housing should really help, I hope.
Very nice bro.

Actually, the new housing will keep it peaky, just move the graph up about 500 RPMS. Its might flatten out some, but not as much as you think it will.

R
Old 08-06-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry for not reading all 45 pages of this thread, I read the first 10, then jumped to the end...so if you have already explained this I am sorry.

What are the driving characteristics anyway? Does it have major traction issues or does the boost hit late enough so you are rolling pretty good? Is there any lag? I know I have read that you are looking at changing A/R sizes.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:48 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by dan96z71
Sorry for not reading all 45 pages of this thread, I read the first 10, then jumped to the end...so if you have already explained this I am sorry.

What are the driving characteristics anyway? Does it have major traction issues or does the boost hit late enough so you are rolling pretty good? Is there any lag? I know I have read that you are looking at changing A/R sizes.
1) Drive-ability of the truck is great, around town as a DD in the lower revs it's feels alittle stronger than stock unless you get into higher rpm's and is just as quiet (w/cutouts closed). Strength of the truck is racing from a Roll, where I see higher RPM's more easily.

2) Boost hit's late enough to where traction isn't so much a problem from a dig but when I do hit 700 ft/lbs rwtq regardless of what speed I'm doing the tires will start spining... 1st, 2nd and 3rd. However as soon as I spin they rehook because my power drops off right after so it's no big deal. (reason why I'm trying to broaden my power band) But it does pull like a freight afterwards, not like there's nothing there so it's all good.

3) There is a lot of lag but that's more because of my HUGE cam than it is the STS.

4) A/R housing is because I don't want to choke the power off at that low of RPM's. Hopefully with a bigger A/R housing, power will not choke down as soon and with a smaller cam it will come on sooner. That's my thinking at least but we'll see what really happens.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:56 AM
GFYS and STFU

I should note that I only see 18lbs when in 3rd and 4th gear . I don't create enough load at lower speeds to fully utilize my power. I see maybe 12lbs before I spin and shift, and see maybe 14-15lbs in 2nd before I spin and shift. I blow through the RPM band way too fast which is why I'm gonna re-install my 3.23's or 3.42's gears rather than the 4.10's I have back there now.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts

If you change the gears be sure to track it before and after. I may be doing the same if its really a benefit.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

YEAH THOSE 4.10'S ARE WAYY TOO MUCH FOR YOUR TIRES... YOU NEED SLICKS WITH THOSE GEARS!!!

THOSE TIRES WERE SPINNING AT 130+
Old 08-08-2008, 01:02 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
If you change the gears be sure to track it before and after. I may be doing the same if its really a benefit.
I went to the track and pulled a 13.9 @ 112mph.
It was basically me waiting to get into 3rd gear at which point things started to happen. I think my 1/8th mile I was at 9.5 seconds or some crap...don't remember.
I think I might hit sacramento next weekend with Bill and I'll have new gears.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:03 AM
GFYS and STFU

I'm leaning towards 3.42's instead of 3.23's...any advice/preferences?

Quick Reply: Forged 370 coming together.