PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Forged 370 coming together.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 10:31 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rex...did you have any italian last night??
Old 05-06-2007, 10:34 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is just awesome, very clean.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:02 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jetmann
LOOK WHO's TALKIN!
You are the ****, so stfu!
Old 05-07-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
If only that were true I'm sure that would make your day. You've had your eye on me from day one...put some ice on your crotch and go back to watching 9 yr old boy **** in your office. I haven't said anything about what you were doing the last time I came by your shop...door closed, all phones on busy, and that guilty look when you finally came down with that sticky handshake.

LMAO!
Old 05-07-2007, 04:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Spoolin]Rex...did you have any italian last night?? [/QUOTE NO: I Believe she was Argentinian
Old 05-07-2007, 06:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet lookin setup! Custom bling always sets off a build...how long before it fires up?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:13 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by jetmann
NO: I Believe she was Argentinian
My ex was argentinian....careful they get addicting.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:18 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by dhpro
Sweet lookin setup! Custom bling always sets off a build...how long before it fires up?
That's a sore subject...It's been in the shop for 6 weeks now and it's had 8 hours of work on it. I've been out of state for most of that time and wasn't there to bug him about it. Apparently he can't install the tranny and rework my intake among other things because he's missing coil packs among a few other things...
Richards keeping an eye on it but he's got his own buissness to run.
I'll throw out an update later. But it's a real PITA.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

PITA is right! My guys are pretty good now thats its in their shop, but fortunately they're only 5mins away, so I stop by every fri or sat and send reg e-mails looking for pix and updates...they know I'm renting a car too, so if it drags on too long I'll start taking that cost out of their hides....R/
Old 06-01-2007, 08:59 PM
GFYS and STFU

Well despite the hang-ups and aggrevation w/ the shop I'm working with, the guy is doing some absolutely great freaking work, which in the end is what matters. Engine and tranny are in, exhaust is all reworked and redone. No more silicone and band clamps for me! Their weld work is awesome, nice clean welds, ground them down to ensure proper welds with no leaks. They fabbed it up on the truck first before taking it off to get it heat coated. Last things to be finished up is the Fuel system and piping into the TB.
Here's a couple pics.

Re-installed my spare flowmaster (yeah i know but I had it laying around) just to deaden some of the whistle while DD'ing.

View of "the mess". Turbo charger + waste gate + electric cut-out + dump + charge pipes and exhaust. I realize the cut-out isn't gonna do much for performance but it'll make it a little louder and more importantly should help make the pressure difference across the turbine greater when it's opened.

Back side of "the mess". Electic cut-out is Doug's. I'll also be drilling a small hole at the lowest part of the Hot side just before the turbo to drain and water.

Hot side before it's all sent off to get a triple coat, I might wrap it after the coats. I've heard of plumbing rusting out with wraps so I hope with the three coats in between the steel and any water that will get trapped by the wrap I'll be safe...for a while. I'm just trying to retain as much heat as I can for a quicker spool.

Cross over and Y.

Long tubes and the underside of the FLT 80E-5. Sweet jesus I might get it all painted black!! What's wrong with me??

Engine in and fuel rails in, just waiting for intake plumbing. Trying to find a way to make an elbow work. Right now it's hitting the top of the cowl/firewall...any suggestions? Going to re-work + weld the charge side in a few months after I break the engine in a bit, get rid of as many twists and turns as I can, similar to trtturbo's and Wilde Racing's among others.

Yup, I'm one of those ********...just another heavy *** thing to take off for track days. Should be fun on the street though.

Last edited by Spoolin; 12-14-2007 at 01:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Forged 370 coming together.