PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Forged 370 coming together.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:22 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpro
Dude that looks BADASS!! I happy u got some progress finally...I know how frustrating it is There's a good chance I'll be picking mine up 2nite Beauty is its a solid 45 miles home from the tuner, so I'll get a great 1st spin. Lemme know how urs runs...gotta try and be patient before going for the final #'s. Prob won't do the max rwhp runs before stage 2 tuning after 1000-1500 miles. Good Luck - I'm jealous...maybe I shud start my 502 now! R/
Lol, I know I was thinking about doing an LSX build but I need to slow down and do one thing at a time! Can't wait to hear your feedback on the truck! I'm getting antsy because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's gonna be hard to follow the breakin routine I'd imagine...good luck!
Old 06-05-2007, 02:25 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
It's gonna be hard to follow the break in routine I'd imagine...
Follow the what?
Old 06-05-2007, 02:45 PM
GFYS and STFU

Exactly my point
(not beating on it for the first 1000-1500miles to let the rings settle, and all the other driving faux-pas on new engines that haven't been broken in properly)
Old 06-05-2007, 02:53 PM
blownerator

fire it up and beat the **** out of it.....That is Rex's break in .
Old 06-05-2007, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian@JPA
fire it up and beat the **** out of it.....That is Rex's break in .
NOT!!! Brian;I did not say that, What I said was get it runnin,tune it,MAKE sure everything is in working order, boost it easy here and there,watch the temps and oil pressure,Make sure it accelerates with no surge or dips then after you put anywhere from 50 to 300 miles on it,change oil and filter,once again make sure all is stable THEN YOU can start beating on it. A little at A time big BOY. Rex....LOL I need A Mt. Dew!
Old 06-05-2007, 06:13 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by jetmann
NOT!!! Brian;I did not say that, What I said was get it runnin,tune it,MAKE sure everything is in working order, boost it easy here and there,watch the temps and oil pressure,Make sure it accelerates with no surge or dips then after you put anywhere from 50 to 300 miles on it,change oil and filter,once again make sure all is stable THEN YOU can start beating on it. A little at A time big BOY. Rex....LOL I need A Mt. Dew!

I did that......LOL

Settle down Rex, do you have something else in your Dew?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brian@JPA
I did that......LOL

Settle down Rex, do you have something else in your Dew?
You Know me better than that..........LOL
Old 06-06-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, I know I was thinking about doing an LSX build but I need to slow down and do one thing at a time! Can't wait to hear your feedback on the truck! I'm getting antsy because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's gonna be hard to follow the breakin routine I'd imagine...good luck!
Check my thread...first drive impressions...it just goes and goes and theer's lots still on the table!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:03 PM
GFYS and STFU

Update:
Just ordered DrX's harness adapter, Grant(DrX) is a good guy to deal with. Should be here on Monday. Tomorrow I'm dropping of my laptop and HPT so we can pull the stock tune and get it re-calibrated then towing it to JPA so he can get preliminary tune in.

Ps Brian I'll call you tomorrow like planed but wanted to know if you had any willwood's in stock. Talk to you manana.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:10 PM
FormerVendor

Update:
Just ordered DrX's harness adapter, Grant(DrX) is a good guy to deal with. Should be here on Monday. Tomorrow I'm dropping of my laptop and HPT so we can pull the stock tune and get it re-calibrated then towing it to JPA so he can get preliminary tune in.

Ps Brian I'll call you tomorrow like planed but wanted to know if you had any willwood's in stock. Talk to you manana.
What? No parachute? Your setting your sights a bit low..........
Just don't attach the chute to the tailgate.

Richard

Quick Reply: Forged 370 coming together.