PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Forged 370 coming together.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Update:
Just ordered DrX's harness adapter, Grant(DrX) is a good guy to deal with. Should be here on Monday. Tomorrow I'm dropping of my laptop and HPT so we can pull the stock tune and get it re-calibrated then towing it to JPA so he can get preliminary tune in.

Ps Brian I'll call you tomorrow like planed but wanted to know if you had any willwood's in stock. Talk to you manana.
I just installed it on mine. Works good!
Old 06-09-2007, 07:45 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

how's your tuning coming along?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:36 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wheatley is gonna send me a stock 6L - 80E for a base tune that I will just drop in and work from there. According to him it will be a lot easier to do that then to recalibrate everything else to match. Brian is gonna help me drop the tune in and then I'll find a good tuner in the area. I had someone lined up but he's now out of the picture. Just waiting on DrX's harness and that should be here on monday.
I was pretty excited to hear it run on friday, I think richard thought I was going a little nuts I'm sure.
Unfortunetly the battery was dead and it didn't have enough juice to turn it over, gonna have to wait till monday I guess.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you ever find a good tuner?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Spoolin]Wheatley is gonna send me a stock 6L - 80E for a base tune that I will just drop in and work from there. According to him it will be a lot easier to do that then to recalibrate everything else to match.

Thats exactly what I did...mine is a 2 bar and running quite well now. Note that the 80E shift points are something I'm still playing around with. R/
Old 06-18-2007, 04:02 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by laynlow77
did you ever find a good tuner?
Kinda...I called up the guy that tuned my truck when I had the 5.3 in it. He said he would do it but he's on vacation until July 12th so I'm gonna wait until then. Kinda works out good cuz I'm flying out to Florida for a few weeks on monday anyways. I was fiddling with the idea of taking it up to S.F. and have Rick @ Synergy do it because everyone talks highly of his tuning abilities.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:07 PM
GFYS and STFU

[QUOTE=dhpro]
Originally Posted by Spoolin
Wheatley is gonna send me a stock 6L - 80E for a base tune that I will just drop in and work from there. According to him it will be a lot easier to do that then to recalibrate everything else to match.

Thats exactly what I did...mine is a 2 bar and running quite well now. Note that the 80E shift points are something I'm still playing around with. R/
Good to know. I was wondering exactly how you did yours too! Wheatly never did send me a tune but I was able to find one off HPtuners and just used that one. I took off to go to a wedding in maine this weekend but richard@WCCH came in on Saturday and spent all day getting my tune to work right and fixing any problems that needed some attention. (Left bank wasn't firing ). Can't really say enough about his commitment to his customers! He solved all the problems and now it's running with a base tune in it. Good enough until I can get it tuned professionally.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:10 PM
GFYS and STFU

I'm picking it up tomorrow morning. It needed a new front pulley (other one wobbly and bent) and a couple tranny wires plugged into the computer and a O2 sensor + misc stuff.
I take a few vids and post them up manana. I can't believe how loud it is . Even with the cut-out closed holy **** it's loud.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bot HP Tuners and plan to teach myself, that way I can do my thing whenever I have time. I still have P0315 Crank relearn...left it at Chev dealer last week for the day and they did nothing claiming that I had too many codes and they cudn't read the MAP sensor...****** zeros ...anyways I'll eventually get it dealt with...IAT's are way high at 190*, so need to flush the rad juice as its starting to gum a bit and get the meth tuned. Belt chirps just before shifts, and I think its slippin a bit, so need to get a progressive rate tensioner I suspect. Also putting race type fuel return in and that shud clean up my AFR and smooth the flow...beat goes on...at least its driving well, but down on power on hot days. R/
Old 06-19-2007, 08:23 PM
GFYS and STFU

VROOM VROOM
Click here to see Video

Quick Reply: Forged 370 coming together.