PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Gray Ghost turbo 427 LSX build

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wait this guy killed himself?

Dont know if you call this a sport more of an expensive hobby.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad. He had to have other issues going on and just snapped. What we do is very much a sport. You get out of it what you put into it. Expensive? Yes but again, you get what you put in.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It wasn't truck related. RIP Robbie.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was sorry to hear about this. I PMd him regarding his build a few times. Was always very nice to me. RIP.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:58 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by Atomic
I dont know if this is true, but I read on yellowbullet that earlier that day he went to the track and was having some sort of fuel pump issue or something minor and only ran a 11.2@135 or something after claiming for months the truck made 1500hp+. Appearently a bunch of guys were giving him a hard time about it at the track and saying his shop is a joke and he is a horrible tuner and he got into a big fight with his dad over the phone. I hope thats not what drove him to this, but I will say this sport is not for the thin-skinned and easily offended types.
Sorry to say i read the same thing on a LSX page.. Sucks for sure..
Old 03-25-2015, 01:04 AM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I never met him or talked to him but from what I have seen and heard around hear and other forums he was a good guy and very helpful to others. So tragic so young. I had a rough time with depression back in my late teens and early 20's. It was really hard at times. It's definitely a cumulative build up of events all at the wrong time that will push someone over the edge. Feels like the world is closing in on you from every angle and that there is no escape... I will say this tho whoever was flapping their ********** to him at the track or where ever didn't help the situation. You just don't do that to ppl, sometimes they are fighting battles that you don't know about.

RIP Robbie and prayers for family.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by stock48
I never met him or talked to him but from what I have seen and heard around hear and other forums he was a good guy and very helpful to others. So tragic so young. I had a rough time with depression back in my late teens and early 20's. It was really hard at times. It's definitely a cumulative build up of events all at the wrong time that will push someone over the edge. Feels like the world is closing in on you from every angle and that there is no escape... I will say this tho whoever was flapping their ********** to him at the track or where ever didn't help the situation. You just don't do that to ppl, sometimes they are fighting battles that you don't know about.

RIP Robbie and prayers for family.
Amen. I was thinking thinking the same thing about the people running they're mouth.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very saddened by the end to this story. I like others was so stoked following along with this build progress. This gentleman was obviously quite talented and truly loved this hobby. I sure he'll be missed by his family and friends and can only pray that God is with them in their time of mourning.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow terrible sorry to hear! RIP
Old 03-25-2015, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I talked to him just a few hours before he did what he did and yeah he was having fuel pump issues one went out and broke a coupler clamp but don't think thats what caused him to snap as he was sorta joking about it, think it was over an argument with his dad later on that night.

Quick Reply: Gray Ghost turbo 427 LSX build