PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Home Grown Boost and More

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Just read the whole thread, what a great build. Thing sounds downright nasty.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the good words guys. Going to try to get some more videos soon, something longer than these few second clips. Get someone in another car for some outside shots as well.

Phone is an HTC Rezound.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

What's your whole exhaust setup like? Great build. I've followed it pretty close myself
Old 09-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
What's your whole exhaust setup like? Great build. I've followed it pretty close myself
Thanks man, exhaust is just off the turbo down to a small borla xr-1 round case and ends there before the axle. No dump. I had it all the way to the back but the band clamp holding it there broke so I just took it off. Doesnt drown out the turbo so its not crazy loud surprisingly. 3" all the way.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just read this whole thread. Great job. Sounds like you put in a lot of weekends on this thing. Looks great, sounds great, imagine it is a ton of fun. You should be proud of that truck as I'm sure you are.

Last edited by dan96z71; 09-08-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Launching!

Thanks to everyone who voted to get me into the top three for TOTQ. Got whooped at the end but I'm happy to even get in the top three, lots of nice trucks in that pack of ten.

Had some great weather around here lately with some cold mornings. cant beat 50 degree intake temps on the ride to work. Just rolled 6000 trouble free boosted miles.

All washed up in the parking deck
Name:  IMAG0052.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  90.2 KB

On my way home
Old 09-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

truck sounds like a 747 taking off lol i can see why 99silversled wants to do a turbo setup on his truck after going for a ride in your truck.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Teching In

just read this whole build. holy sh*t is it over my head. flipping wires and using realays to make the trans work. metering switches for the line lock? What is that. Where in the heck do you learn all this? Id be months on the trans and many more on the tuning stuff. Awsome truck though. I dont know where you find the time and patience to do it.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BreakItRacing
just read this whole build. holy sh*t is it over my head. flipping wires and using realays to make the trans work. metering switches for the line lock? What is that. Where in the heck do you learn all this? Id be months on the trans and many more on the tuning stuff. Awsome truck though. I dont know where you find the time and patience to do it.
Got all the time in the world man. Still in my 20s, no wife, no kids, no gf and a place of my own to work out of. Patience wasn't always there, refer to the first post which states how I junked a turbo s10 that I was raging at. In retrospect it was most likely on a tuning issue, live and learn.

I picked up everything needed to build this thing here on pt.net and lurking ls1tech. This forum is filled with knowledgeable people that are willing to help. I get several PMs a week asking about the setup and im more than happy to lend a hand considering there were plenty that gave me pointers when I first dove in as a clueless wrench monkey.

Long story short, read, read, read and when you think you understand it, read some more.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 03RCSB
Got all the time in the world man. Still in my 20s, no wife, no kids, no gf and a place of my own to work out of. Patience wasn't always there, refer to the first post which states how I junked a turbo s10 that I was raging at. In retrospect it was most likely on a tuning issue, live and learn.

I picked up everything needed to build this thing here on pt.net and lurking ls1tech. This forum is filled with knowledgeable people that are willing to help. I get several PMs a week asking about the setup and im more than happy to lend a hand considering there were plenty that gave me pointers when I first dove in as a clueless wrench monkey.

Long story short, read, read, read and when you think you understand it, read some more.
That was the story of my life.

Quick Reply: Home Grown Boost and More