PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Home Grown Boost and More

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I just got a hold of Justin and he confirmed what I had thought/hoped it was. Injector flow rate was off in the tune. I'm a retard Happy it was something small though and I don't have to start taking stuff apart.

Ordered the autocal so hopefully it gets here by this weekend so I can fix the tune and go do some cruisin.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

sweet! cant wait!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the build man, I wouldve tried locating the WG a little more on both banks but all the other kits are the same way really.

Nice to hear that thing whistling before 2k rpms haha.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kr1s
sweet! cant wait!
Thanks man, haven't forgot about the parts list/write up, working on it this week, addin pictures and some of the issues I ran into and things that would have saved me some time had I know beforehand.

Originally Posted by black00chev
I like the build man, I wouldve tried locating the WG a little more on both banks but all the other kits are the same way really.

Nice to hear that thing whistling before 2k rpms haha.
Yeah I agree, I was gonna put the gate dead smack in the middle of the merge but I decided to just throw it there to keep the area a little less cluttered, as it is that whole area is tight and I'm not the most skilled fabricator

The whistle is sooooo loud. Its the .68 a/r on there now but when I picked the turbo up from nelson he included a .96 housing as well. I guess I can play with each to pick the one I like best but the early spool of the .68 seems like its going to be a blast to drive on the streets.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice build. i like the hot pipe setup. should run good once you get the tuning sorted out.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Launching!

Well I got the autocal on Friday, however, another mistake by me and still not running.

I wanted to go the autocal route to save some time shipping the ecu back and forth and to get the truck dialed in better/safer. I did not read the whole section on the autocal on BlackBear's website and missed the part where I needed to request my tune through a different email. I assumed because I had talked to Justin that it would have my tune on it already. Needless to say the autocal that showed up on friday was empty and I had to request the change through the other email address and unfortunately I was unaware untill friday evening.

Soooo frustrating, truck has been done for two weeks just sitting until the tune is straightened out. Not blaming Blackbear at all, in fact, the tunes I received from Justin had the truck running so well that the truck seemed to be begging for me to add more go fast parts. I would recommend Blackbear to anyone and in fact have already pointed a few people there for tunes.

So there is my little cry baby rant

This week should be it though, driving by the 10th no if ands or buts
Old 12-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome to hear man! Cant wait to get my truck up and running with my kit sometime soon.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol no rush at all, I just wanna hear that thing start and whistle!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Launching!

UPDATE:

Got the tune in from Justin and loaded it in, been raining the past few days and was finally dry enough for me to take it out for a spin tonight.

Truck is unreal, spool is super fast and LOUD, BOV is equally loud. Only went full throttle once from a 45 mph cruise, it downshifted and immediately broke the tires loose and got sideways. Looking forward to doing some logging this weekend and then getting the tune touched up by Justin.

Few things left to fiddle with, BOV is open at idle, need to play with the spings/adjustment screw to get it perfect.

Don't think the wastegate is opening either, kept a close eye on the boost gauge and at the partial throttle runs never let it get above 6psi but the wot run it hit 8psi before I got out of it. Spring in the gate is supposed to be a 4PSI spring. Aside from those two minor issues the truck is runnning great and seems like its going to be a blast to drive. Got a nice weekend coming up so expect some decent vids this weekend.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Laid Back

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Be nice to it until you get everything worked out. I know it's hard not to just mash the skinny pedal, but make sure everything's 100% before you do.

Quick Reply: Home Grown Boost and More