PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I can't fabricate?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I can't fabricate?

Seeing as there are a few guys who like to go into all of my threads and smash on my **** due to seeing "work in progress" photos and acting as they are finish products. I figured I would make a thread of some pics of projects that have proven them self. I will never change some people's mind but hopefully I can save face with some of the people who have just seen all the **** talk and jumped on the band wagon.
The center peg isn't fully welded but the outers ones are,the center was welded before installing. I welded the ends on and the brace.

4 link mounts.

Here is the 4 link making one of many 1/4 mile runs this was leaving the line on a 100 shot. 100 mph on the big end and truck is straight as an arrow, alignment was perfect(checked at work with alignment mechanic). Truck has also seen a few thousand street miles. Sorry for the goofy narration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcyiog0msI

Here is a project I started today at work. We have a 25' goose neck flat bed that we need sides on for hauling tires. The mechanic has been busy and winter has kept me fairly slow. I figured it will keep me busy and allows me to continue to hone my welding skills. It had pockets welded in but they were just C channel and wouldn't fit any normal upright. Also they weren't spaced like we need so I cut and installed the actually pockets. This isn't rocket science but just another project that will probably kill someone!

Not everything I do is perfect and event the greats of the world don't make everything perfectly. I don't have all the tools to cut, shape, and manufacture everything under the sun, but I am damn good at using the materials I have and the tools available to me to make a good quality, functioning final product. I still have plenty of projects that are "works in progress" and as they are finished up the final product will be shown.

Last edited by custm2500; 02-16-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:46 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offense, but i would practice my welding skills before i posted them up and bragging about your skills.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluchevypick
No offense, but i would practice my welding skills before i posted them up and bragging about your skills.
LOL, well that backfired. This work isnt as bad as some of your other work, but this I wouldnt call complete. Welds need to be cleaned(the splatter and brown/black powder) and dressed up(hit with a grinder in some spots), one side of that stake pocket is jagged, some of the welds also look like they have pinholes but may just be the pics.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:10 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i give you credit for not being afraid to jump in there and cut things up. check out threads of DBrods welding and fabrication skills and reassess posting this thread bragging about your skills though BUT, no shame in getting in and getting your hands dirty. props.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Making some popcorn as we speak
Old 02-16-2011, 11:19 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Man, I'm sorry, I stayed out of your throttle body thread, but you're just digging yourself deeper here...have you seen some of the stuff that the guys on this site have fabbed and how nice they are...how nice their welds are? I give you a lot of credit for jumping in there and making things yourself, but until the finished product is sanitary, keep it locked up
Old 02-16-2011, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i give you credit for not being afraid to jump in there and cut things up. check out threads of DBrods welding and fabrication skills and reassess posting this thread bragging about your skills though BUT, no shame in getting in and getting your hands dirty. props.
I agree, no one ever said he wasnt scared. He seems to jump right in and cut things up. IMO though, the execution and completion of the job needs work and some of these things he is attempting exceed his skill level.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bluchevypick

Originally Posted by 53bowtie
Making some popcorn as we speak
x2 I forsee antoher epic thread.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-17-2011, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mod(s) should just close this thread before **** hits the fan "yet again"!

Last edited by KozzyJr; 02-17-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Quick Reply: I can't fabricate?