PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I can't fabricate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:49 PM
something else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But Billy, your just driving the car not trying to stop it from 100+ MPH.

You guys will just never understand...

That this guy is a re-re and doesn't care for his own safety and others safety at the track or on the road.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

You should get rid of the steering wheel too and just use rear cutting brakes to steer. With that and the parachute chilling in the back all the time, you can't go wrong.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread has got so fuked off track, it is a joke... Seriously needs to be locked, or deleted, as everybody is just kicking this guy in the nuts.. I do not agree with alot of his stuff, but am kinda pulling for him with the TB he is making.. If your worried about taking brakes off, take the rear brakes off. I drove around in a truck for 4 years with just front brakes, never ever had 1 single issue with stopping the truck.. How long can we beat this dead fuking horse.. I still want to see some of the guys that are bashing post some pics up of the stuff they have tried to make..
Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I have had the pleasure of driving vehicles with the front brakes disabled for one reason or another, and it's no fun for sure...even little Toyota Corolla's with drum rear brakes...very "challenging" to say the least.
Billy, that may be true, but u lack his knowledge.

I've refrained from any comments in this thread or your black pipe TB. I applaud your efforts to broaden your skills, but not at expense of others' safety. The lack of brakes on a dragster is on on far lighter ride as others have said, not on a street vehicle. I don't wanna be near u on a track or the street.

I'm not here to decide if it works or not & it's great if it does. I just think u need to exercise some forethought toward safety. Most address speed w/. little attn. heeded in the way of brakes.

John, I can understand your sentiment to a point. But only partial brakes & what if TB sticks? Stuff your parachute.

Either way, good luck.

Last edited by fastnblu; 03-07-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I vote lock this thread already it's pointless
Old 03-07-2011, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's bringing it on himself,it's like he's trolling, only I think he is completely serious.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:37 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by Three6GMC
I vote lock this thread already it's pointless
I've been this <> close to locking this thread numerous times, but I'm really hoping to see a finished product for some closure lol. I'd love to see this guy make a throttle body that works, but I've been around long enough to know that it won't...I'm not just guessing either, I'm using my knowledge and experience to come to that conclusion, and I'm quite confident in my prediction. I believe that he may be able to get the truck to run by two footing it, but it will never idle correctly, and throttle response will be horrible. I'm sure that it will bog and sputter if it continues to run once the throttle is stabbed (assuming that the throttle blade moves somewhat smoothly).
Old 03-07-2011, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Please don't Billy, allow him his chance. I'm not a fan of his lack of commitment to safety, but I like top see everyone succeed. Even if I disagree w/. his or anyone's approach. I'm not that big of a

And yes, I learned the 2-footin when I had my small cam put in. I also learned how important idle tables are to tuning for changes, & in my instance for a cam.
Just surges when it comes to a quick stop, hit the brakes, when not tuned can be an issue. Even tuned, that similiar scenario, can just peek out just a wee bit.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Food for thought:

I've never personally seen someone jump off the roof of a barn in an attempt to fly.

I've never seen someone try to breathe fire or under water.

I have seen someone try to catch a bullet in his mouth, and went away bloody to the er (metal box in his mouth and .22 shortie).

Therefore:

No one can prove to me that I can't fly off the roof of a barn.

No one can prove to me that I can't breathe fire or live underwater.

No one can prove to me that I can't catch a bullet with my teeth.

Living you life with something to prove is a seriously bad idea. It takes over your life and makes you do some seriously stupid **** just to "prove those idiots wrong." FFS, who cares if people don't agree with you?

BTW, educating yourself on the basic science behind what you want to accomplish isn't such a bad idea. In fact, it is the root of all innovation -- not running around half-cocked, denying everything everyone says.

Also -- you can't "be a hubris," you can have or exhibit hubris (and you do).
Old 03-07-2011, 11:51 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Food for thought:

I've never personally seen someone jump off the roof of a barn in an attempt to fly.

I've never seen someone try to breathe fire or under water.

I have seen someone try to catch a bullet in his mouth, and went away bloody to the er (metal box in his mouth and .22 shortie).

Therefore:

No one can prove to me that I can't fly off the roof of a barn.

No one can prove to me that I can't breathe fire or live underwater.

No one can prove to me that I can't catch a bullet with my teeth.

Living you life with something to prove is a seriously bad idea. It takes over your life and makes you do some seriously stupid **** just to "prove those idiots wrong." FFS, who cares if people don't agree with you?

BTW, educating yourself on the basic science behind what you want to accomplish isn't such a bad idea. In fact, it is the root of all innovation -- not running around half-cocked, denying everything everyone says.

Also -- you can't "be a hubris," you can have or exhibit hubris (and you do).
Very well put Erik, great analogies that are easy to comprehend

As for the proper use of "hubris" in a sentence, how does "the epitome of hubris" work?

Quick Reply: I can't fabricate?