PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I'm calling her Mia

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by lsx10
small update

got my heads back from being milled, had .025 taken off wich ended up giving me a little over a 61 cc chamber. which means I will be running at just under 10.6:1 compression. got them assembled with my dual springs, and got them put on the engine. after all that I found out my pushrods that I just got last week were too long. so I called up texasspeed and had a new set 2 days later(I've only had good experiances with them). then I installed my pushrods and roller rockers, one od my rocker bolts got in a fight with my heads and the bolt won. after I pulled out the bolt with the threads from the head I went and found some helicoils and a tap and got that fixed. Then cut all my rocker arms down that were sticking into my intake ports.

-anyone need a set of 7.4 hardened pushrods?

No i really want an f-body pan or ls2 vette pan, if all else fails though i'll keep you in mind.

Hey what rocker arms are those??? Yella terra??? What was the problem with the rocker fitting???

Hey Maybe we can trade parts??? Pushrods for the pan, pick up, and The gaskets I PM'D you about... I think those pushrods might work for my new DD engine if not I will put them in something I have...
Old 12-30-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rfoster
Will that intake fit under the stock s10 hood? Looks good!!
it should, I have seen others who make it fit.

1fastbrick

that sounds like a good plan. I still have one more chance with an f-body pan, but it's not looking great.

the rockers fit fine, between the cam and heads being milled I needed shorter pushrods. they are old style 1.8 yella terras, they look sexy and bring my lift to .59x and with my dual springs I don't have to worry about valve float. but I would only need to worry about that at 7000+ anyways.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by lsx10
it should, I have seen others who make it fit.

1fastbrick

that sounds like a good plan. I still have one more chance with an f-body pan, but it's not looking great.

the rockers fit fine, between the cam and heads being milled I needed shorter pushrods. they are old style 1.8 yella terras, they look sexy and bring my lift to .59x and with my dual springs I don't have to worry about valve float. but I would only need to worry about that at 7000+ anyways.
Awesome, let me know... I was looking around for one of those too for something else and they never seem to go cheap. But a truck pan, well since I have more then 1 spare, I would have no problem cutting one up to make it work like one if I ever need to...
Old 01-09-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

small update,

got my guage cluster in from zx9rgreen and installed it. took me longer to figure out which one to install then it did to put it in. thanks bro:tup:

got my rear all stripped down, taking it to get narrowed after I finish this post.

got my posi out and torn down, and installed the ford motor sports carbon clutch kit. if you do this do not handle the friction modifier without gloves, it is the worst smelling stuff I have EVER used and it soaks into your hands. seriously its still making my feel sick.

other then that i've just been doing detail work, cleaning stripping and painting stuff. hopefully I'll have some real progress soon. should be starting on wiring this weekend
Old 01-13-2009, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

That sounds like a plan bro. I can't wait to see the finish product.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Got a freind Narrowing it or something??? Make any progress over the weekened???
Old 01-13-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

picked up the narrowed housing today, picked up a spare 8.8 for disc brakes and the extra short side axle. Other then that I started tracing wires and have been cleaning stuff up. I need to get that oil pan from you, I need about an inch chopped off the bottom, dont worry about the little bit of volume I'll lose, I'll make it up with an oil cooler.

this isn't my truck but it will give you an idea of what I need. think you and your buddy can do it?

Old 01-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Looks like it might be a little more then an inch... Any way you can measure and LMK... I now have an LS1 camaro pan I can copy but it looks like it would run into the crossmember... Sorry, Its not for sale at this time...
Old 01-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Ask that guy If he can take a tape measure to the block were the pan meets it and measure down to the bottom of the crossmember... or measure up from the sump to the bottom of the crossmember... That way we can get it right on the money!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow man, looks like your making bitchin progress. couple weekends and we'll set it up so I can give you a hand if you need it. Its gonna be bitchin man. Any ETA on the finish?

Quick Reply: I'm calling her Mia