PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I'm calling her Mia

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lsx10
yeah, I thought I commented on s10forum.com, different user name though.

I'm still waiting for stuff, if I had parts this thing would be done!
Nope! you didn't
Old 02-26-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

long overdue update

engine mock up, it was a beautiful sight

got in my headers from headman, long story short I got the long tubes cause the mids weren't done yet. they fit great even let you turn pretty well, unless you want ac. since this is my daily i'll be getting the mids from them intstead. oh and you would need to mod your trans cross member to clear the collectors.

I test fit all the ones on the driver side just don't have pics, you will need to mod your brake lines, it wouldn't be difficult especially compared to the rest of this headache.

oh and in case anyone needed to know jareds cooling setup fits just fine with truck acc. I was pretty worried about those big fans but there is still a bit of clearance.

this last pic gave me some motivation, too bad I have to take it all back out. notch a hair more out of the ac notch, don't need to but it will make me more comfortable. weld it up, bolt in mounts, and put on oil pan. then it will go back in for good. I have some time tomorrow and most of saturday to work on this. sunday I'm going to firebird raceway!
Old 02-28-2009, 01:23 AM
TECH Regular

I had the cops called on me tonight, I almost feel like a dick since I was grinding off my bumpstops at 11:30pm, but all they would have had to do was ask me to quiet down and I would have cleaned up. I mean really, why not? I would have stopped when they asked and cops really do have better **** to do. The cop was cool, and he came when I was done and cleaning up. when he left I was really tempted to break out my blackcats bottle rockets, but I didn't want to be a dick to my other neighbors.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:11 AM
On The Tree

dude those longtubes look sick man! it all looks so sexay!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

its sooooooooo shiney!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:14 AM
On The Tree

Those are the 1 3/4 longtubes right?
Old 02-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 786 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by lsx10
I had the cops called on me tonight, I almost feel like a dick since I was grinding off my bumpstops at 11:30pm, but all they would have had to do was ask me to quiet down and I would have cleaned up. I mean really, why not? I would have stopped when they asked and cops really do have better **** to do. The cop was cool, and he came when I was done and cleaning up. when he left I was really tempted to break out my blackcats bottle rockets, but I didn't want to be a dick to my other neighbors.
Ya it sucks... Never had them called on me YET!!! But did have one come through the neighbor hood while we pulling an engine. I guess your not supposed to Pull an engine out at 2 in the AM. Doesn't matter because it was at my buddies House and we always hang out with all the surrounding neighbors. At His house its like extended Family. so thats never a problem. My house is not the same but As long as I am respectfull and let the neighbors know whats up they don't really care all that much. The one across from me IS and A -hole and I throughly enjoy Iratating them. He is such a brain dead Moron that his stupidity gives every one else around him a headache and there 5 Kids are so out of controll. Always screaming bloody murder for attention.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RAZORS10
Those are the 1 3/4 longtubes right?
yup thats them, they were supposed to have only one tube around the frame but this is what I have. But I already talked to Chris at headman and he's going to get me a different set shipped out on monday.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lookin good! May have to put a motor in my S10 soon.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

What motor mounts are you using?

Quick Reply: I'm calling her Mia